What's new

Let's gather up the C.V Heljestrand "MK"

@Polarbeard that's just the thing, really, I've never seen the actual proof, and to my knowledge, after having visited half a dozen communities over the years you are the first I hear having seen actual documents. Every other time it has been a long series of "he said/she said", and excuse me if I don't blindly trust the Kindal descendants. Sellers are known to embellish the truth.

Then again, sorry for the crime of lese majesty I apparently committed, while it's not my habit to sniff someone's *** to know his pedigree, I do have a habit of putting things in question when I see someone, anyone really, stating as a fact something I have never seen as clear cut.

Now, indeed, regarding this issue at hand, I would feel really educated by such an erudite if I could see an actual document and could, in turn, educate others without being the umpteenth "he said" in the chain.

Trifecta MK31
5F4A59BB-36A4-40F5-8C86-172ACCD48C93.jpeg

I feel like I'm never gonna own a Heljestrand MK. I've kept my eye out for years and always just miss them in the instance they pop up. Next life maybe 😅

I decided to bring this back into the rotation and figured I aught to post it here

It’s not an MK but just a N7. From what I’ve gathered that means pre1925.
image.jpg

image.jpg

the blade measures just over 17.5mm
and appears to be 1/2 to 3/4 hollow.

What the etching is on the hollow is I don’t know, maybe Swedish department store branding? Perhaps someone here knows more about this one.

I was going to send it out to get cleaned up as everything that’s wrong with it seems pretty superficial but I don’t think it’s worth it and am just gonna wait till my resto skills improve.

I was wrong///////////

Upon lusting and knowing nothing about these razors, and having the lucky opportunity to pick up a mint 31, I said what the heck you only live once and took the plunge

( being new been shaving with some amazing Japanese Vintage straights lately,)and when 31 came and I open up box and held it, my thoughts were, this is just too small, don’t seem what the fuss is about, but I will give it a spin and if don’t enjoy could always let her go to someone also lusting after one

But upon shave, I am speechless
( never letting her go)

Japanese straight razor Mercedes

Heljestrand 31= Maserati, corvette or lotus sport car

This had dethroned all my razors and my eyes have opened and probably my wallet for these razors

Special thx to forum member who push me to this words can’t describe this shaving machine

Special shout out to Matt at Griffin shaving as the edge and combination of this amazing tools has me speechless

Wow
proxy.php

proxy.php

I was wrong///////////

Upon lusting and knowing nothing about these razors, and having the lucky opportunity to pick up a mint 31, I said what the heck you only live once and took the plunge

( being new been shaving with some amazing Japanese Vintage straights lately,)and when 31 came and I open up box and held it, my thoughts were, this is just too small, don’t seem what the fuss is about, but I will give it a spin and if don’t enjoy could always let her go to someone also lusting after one

But upon shave, I am speechless
( never letting her go)

Japanese straight razor Mercedes

Heljestrand 31= Maserati, corvette or lotus sport car

This had dethroned all my razors and my eyes have opened and probably my wallet for these razors

Special thx to forum member who push me to this words can’t describe this shaving machine

Special shout out to Matt at Griffin shaving as the edge and combination of this amazing tools has me speechless

Wow
proxy.php

proxy.php

They are great razors, perfectly balanced and easy to maneuver IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom