What's new

Let's gather up the C.V Heljestrand "MK"

I have this MK No4 It is like new. I don't see anything about it much when googling. Why is that? Actual photo follows. First shave tomorrow, but I know I'm in love already.

$561857150582.jpg

Ok guys here they are the pictures of the 7Day Set........Here they are all laid out...$photo (31).jpg$photo (29).jpgI don't know what's up in the photo below but NONE of the blades look as bad as that picture makes them out to be! there is MINIMAL to NO Hone ware on all of them.....$photo (28).jpgHere is the Original Case.....a little beat-up inside but the outside looks good and the latch holds tight!$photo (27).jpgAND the sad news :( below are the two that have major blade issues....the one with the crack will be cut down to a shorty and will be perfect to get the left and right of my adams apple on the ATG pass....thats my trouble spot that my shorties are AWESOME at!$photo (30).jpgAll in all i am SUPER happy about this grab! at UNDER $700 i think it was def a WINNER!!!! now to get them cleaned up and the pins tightened! I can tell this set was WELL taken care of when it was used but hasn't been used in a LONG time!!!

Thanks to a fellow member I now have a Heljestrand. It does not have the MK stamp or # but does have the MK scales and box:

proxy.php

I'm not a straight shaver (yet), but I got myself a good looking MK8 last summer. It needs some work as it's not shave ready, but otherwise it's in great condition. I'll take some pics of it soon.

The reflection in the blade - in the last photo is just too odd lol!! What is that? Nice blades man!
It is my knuckles fingers wrapped around the right side of the camera to hold it and push the button on top. I have been asked that several times and could not reproduce that if I had to My fingers and hand are of normal looks and mobility. Its like the mirrors at funhouse that make you look weird when they hit the shiny bevel. :lol:

It is my knuckles fingers wrapped around the right side of the camera to hold it and push the button on top. I have been asked that several times and could not reproduce that if I had to My fingers and hand are of normal looks and mobility. Its like the mirrors at funhouse that make you look weird when they hit the shiny bevel. :lol:
classic

Hey Guys so i got the 7 day set in and have a question each of the razors has Tinoco-Porto on the blade face and i haven't been able to find what it means any ideas???

Looks like maybe a Portuguese last name. Post some pics!

This is VERY interesting, since I'm Portuguese and there aren't many straight razors with Portuguese sayings.

Actually "Tinoco" is a store here in Porto, my town. So, somewhere in the past this store, that sells cosmetic stuff, had some custom made straight razors... Wow... Just Wow.

I have to share my MK love before I let some of my darlings go, here they are:

MK2
$MK2.jpg

MK4
$MK4.jpg

MK6
$MK6.jpg

MK24
$MK24.jpg

MK29 (tortoise and ivory)
$MK29.jpg

MK30 (right in ivory)
$MK30.jpg

MK31 (top left in ivory)
$MK31.jpg

MK33 (ivory)
$MK33.jpg

All of them
$All.jpg

I just found another MK30 in ivory when I was looking for another straight (I really have to organize my straights soon).
Here it is:
$MK30_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom