What's new

Let's Cellabrate!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I think Cella is one of the best values in wetshaving. I recently picked up a puck of the Extra Extra Bio croap. I am positively blown away. It's 95% as good as soaps 250% of its price.

This got me thinking of a number of random, semi-related questions.
  1. Is the original as good as the bio?
  2. Is the cream in a tube as good as the croap?
  3. How does the croaped and tubed versions of Cella compare to parallel versions of proraso? I know proraso recently was reformulated - has it gotten any better?
  4. How do Cella aftershave splashes and balms compare to proraso?
I guess I should @Marco here because he is the expert. But anyone that knows, please chime in!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I think Cella is one of the best values in wetshaving. I recently picked up a puck of the Extra Extra Bio croap. I am positively blown away. It's 95% as good as soaps 250% of its price.

3. How does the croaped and tubed versions of Cella compare to parallel versions of proraso? I know proraso recently was reformulated - has it gotten any better?
I guess I should @Marco here because he is the expert. But anyone that knows, please chime in!

My answers with my personal thoughts below:

1. Yes, it is. But, at the same time, much different since it feautures a completely different formula.

2. Yes Sir, it is.

3. Cella is superior IMHO.

4. Both are pretty good, my personal preference here goes to Proraso (but honestly, neither are among my top favourite).

1. Yes, it's almond-flavored and it has Tallow
  2. I don't use creams, sorry.
  3. Proraso has improved, I recommend the blue and the red, but Cella is much better.
  4. I Tried only the Aftershave, I LOVE Cella BIO. I don't like Proraso scent, but they are good on my skin.

I haven't had an opportunity to use Cella shaving products, yet. Once I have used up my remaining Proraso Green (tube) I may give it a try.

My answers with my personal thoughts below:

1. Yes, it is. But, at the same time, much different since it feautures a completely different formula.

2. Yes Sir, it is.

3. Cella is superior IMHO.

4. Both are pretty good, my personal preference here goes to Proraso (but honestly, neither are among my top favourite).
You’ve probably already posted this someplace else, but now number 4 has got me curious. What are among your top favorites?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
You’ve probably already posted this someplace else, but now number 4 has got me curious. What are among your top favorites?

In the last period I have switched from soft soaps to hard soaps, and also from splashes to balms.

My current favourite balms are Captain Fawcett's and Hawkins & Brimble, both from the UK. Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic is excellent as well.

In the last period I have switched from soft soaps to hard soaps, and also from splashes to balms.

My current favourite balms are Captain Fawcett's and Hawkins & Brimble, both from the UK. Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic is excellent as well.
I’ve been curious about Lucky Tiger. I’ll have to try it at some point. Thanks Marco!

I purchased both varieties of Cella for the first time with an Amazon voucher a few months ago.

Liked both at first. Preferred Red overall. But ... after a few shaves with each on consecutive days I find that both of them irritate my skin. Continued use day after day gives me pretty bad irritation. The red Cella irritates it less strangely! The Bio is actually scented fairly strongly in my view (which surprised me) and I suspect the scent is the culprit.

In my view Super Formula Proraso Blue is far superior to both varieties of Cella. But as always these things are so personal and subjective!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Some day, when my current brick of Cella is at last finished, I'll doubtlessly try the new formula (if I'm still around and sentient).

But for now, at least, nothing beats a kilo of classic Cella as a price performer. Damn fine stuff.

I purchased both varieties of Cella for the first time with an Amazon voucher a few months ago.

Liked both at first. Preferred Red overall. But ... after a few shaves with each on consecutive days I find that both of them irritate my skin. Continued use day after day gives me pretty bad irritation. The red Cella irritates it less strangely! The Bio is actually scented fairly strongly in my view (which surprised me) and I suspect the scent is the culprit.

In my view Super Formula Proraso Blue is far superior to both varieties of Cella. But as always these things are so personal and subjective!

Bought the Bio/Green and had the same irritation problem - for 2 days in a row. Lathers beautifully, has excellent performance and liked the scent, though.

I love the Bio cream in the tube, and have no irritation. But it does seem to dry in the tube, to the point where it's hard to squeeze it out, and where there are harder flecks within the cream. I'm hoping this was just one batch that well underhydrated, but regardless will probably move to the puck, next. I really like the scent/performance of the Bio aftershave, too.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The scent irritation died down for me when I left it air out

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom