What's new

Let's buy Chris Hardwick a razor, blades and shaving cream

Shave it or leave it?

• Shave it

• Leave Chris alone

Results are only viewable after voting.
Grow a beard or shave it off. I hate this in-between state.
Chris Hardwick is a comedian who hosts a show called @Midnight on Comedy Central. This is a screenshot of the show.

$51rf.jpg

What do you think?

Attachments

• $et8a.jpg
    $et8a.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think he looks like he works in a coal mine

from the neck up at least

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Seems a lot of celebrity types think sloppy is the new cool.
I think he looks like he needs a shower, but these people pay big bucks to have stylists make them look like they just got out of bed.
The jokes on them, I look like that every morning for free.

LOL. I look like that ten minutes after I shave!

Actually, my cheeks look like that. The rest of me looks like I ate that guy... :lol:

Last edited:
I actually voted leave him alone.

I agree that it would look better if it was neatly trimmed, but I personally like the neat-scruffy look. I'd do that myself but I have too much fun shaving to do it, that and my wife doesn't like the scratchy.

Edit: He could still use some gear to groom it neatly, of course!

I voted leave him alone, he will do what he likes. I get this view since growing my handlebar moustache I get mixed reviews and think if you don't like it then that's your opinion and your free to have it, but no need to tell the person. the wife LOVES the scruffy look however, well.... She loves my beard but my handlebar loves to have all the attention so I shave Everything else off to her disappointment.

To to each his own is the expression :thumbup1:

Why on earth do you care how someone else wares their facial hair?

Because it's distracting. I like Hardwick and find watching him is more difficult that listening to his podcast because of the grizzled look.
Just like if he wore a Nehru jacket doing the show, or a burka.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
For me personally, I don't care how he looks beyond the single issue that it perpetuates among some the idea that this look is socially acceptable in all situations.
Recently I've had people show up for job interviews looking exactly like the picture in the OP.
As far as I know, they are still looking for work.

Seems a lot of celebrity types think sloppy is the new cool.
I think he looks like he needs a shower, but these people pay big bucks to have stylists make them look like they just got out of bed.
The jokes on them, I look like that every morning for free.

Thanks for the hearty laugh I got from this, Phil! Actually, every post you've made in this thread mirrors what I think of the new, "fashionable" male look we're exposed to on a daily basis. Mind you, I looked like a slob when I was a lot younger, but I grew out of it. I really like it when used rifle bore brushes like this show up in public with pajamas on.

Don

Because it's distracting. I like Hardwick and find watching him is more difficult that listening to his podcast because of the grizzled look.
Just like if he wore a Nehru jacket doing the show, or a burka.

I think I know where you're going with this and I'm not going to engage.

Last edited:
At least he is wearing sensible clothes in that picture. When he hosts Talking Dead, he looks like a five-year-old dressed him.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
designer stubble was big in the 80's. Leave him alone if he wants to look like George Michael then he has bigger issues then just needing a shave.

Top Bottom