What's new

Let's all "3017" a puck of Williams together . starts Nov.01

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I had a lot of fun and leaned a lot about D.R. Harris soaps during my adventure in this thread. So much so, that I've decided to kick off November with a puck of Williams!

My puck is special, just like me, or so my mom says :tongue_sm. I have a Blue Willy, which is a grated puck of Williams doused with Aqua Velva.
proxy.php

Anybody else care to join in?

Oh my! A Blue Willy eh? I like it. I think I'll do just that. Not just the 3017 some Williams, but the Blue Willy part too.

Sam, you must be joking! A whole month with Williams soap and Aqua Velva! You are a brave man, my friend and best of luck!

A blue willy?! Some of my British friends would have a jolly laugh with that one! :thumbup:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
It's not a month; it's a 3017ing .... for however long that takes. Based on it's scent, I think it's gonna be A&E! ..... aka "time well spent"

Dumb question: what does it mean to 3017 a puck?

I've seen the term in a couple of threads and understand it to mean "I've got enough [insert product here] to last until the year 3017" but what does it mean as a verb? Use it exclusively until it's gone would be my best guess.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Yup, 3017 = to run through a product until it is done.
There's a sticky at the top of the soap forum which is how it all got started.... and has morphed into something self-sustaining, like a sourdough bread starter :tongue_sm

Got my Blue Willy curing. Will be ready for the first.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413847055705.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413847055705.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 580

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
That's looking healthy! I like to see those puck gratings drown. :thumbup1:
Post up another pic after 24 and 48 hours, just so folks can see how thirsty modern Williams really is. I stirred mine after those time periods as well.

I have a very lightly used vintage puck that I am going to test lather tonight, if I am happy with the results I may just join in. The only thing holding me back is I've spent most of the month of October trying to kill an old formula RazoRock Mudder Focker and going two months in a row in a monogamous (shave soap) relationship could really cramp my style. :blush:

I over-estimated the amount of vintage Williams was left, I would say it is more like 2/3 of the original puck. The test lathers were not jaw dropping, but good enough that I would like to spend some time dialing it in and if I can't then I'll move on. So count me in with a (2/3) plain ol' puck of ol' Williams.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
One week left before we start in on this!

Nick_O, any chance of an updated pic? Would be nice to see if your Williams gratings were as thirsty as mine.

Oh yeah. I took a pic the next day, but been to busy the last few days, I've not even looked at it.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1414171454579.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1414171454579.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 561

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Awesome, it looks like it has grown beyond the level of the Aqua Velva. Not bad for 24 hours, eh? Take another peek at it when you get home, and give it a stir. The texture on mine is now very much croap-like.

Top Bottom