What's new

Let us know what you think!

We have been playing around with mixing satin finishes and polished finishes. Comment with your opinion.
7721F2B4-FA17-46AF-A976-7E7DFFA8776F.jpeg
7EEA9717-632B-42CA-AA16-F91DB688EC79.jpeg
85210D32-BC84-4D01-A88B-47DFCC7AEF62.jpeg
ED53D2E6-FDB7-4043-8C99-8CD3C073D12F.jpeg

I'd need to experience the satin solid bar under the polished cap to see if the difference in drag made a statistically significant difference. I will admit having been very surprised how materials and their surfacing really do make changes I can feel and the results in cutting.

Visually? Very nice.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Playing over a satin finish. Hmmm. I'm not sure...

I have another question however, but not about the finish stated in this thread, or maybe it is, indirectly.

I like gold. I want, but am not yet ready to buy, an SE1-2. Do you have any plans in offering them with a gold plated finish?

My Merkur Futur is a gold plate, and the first experience I was referencing, in my post above. Nothing else has felt like it. But, it is entirely possible it is a lacquer applied after plating?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
First two photos - Home Run. Last two - the handle just doesn’t do it for me. I just like knurling. Smooth razor handles are just begging to be dropped IMO. Perhaps the contours of the last one will help though.

Send it my way, I’ll give it a test drive :laugh:

Playing over a satin finish. Hmmm. I'm not sure...

I have another question however, but not about the finish stated in this thread, or maybe it is, indirectly.

I like gold. I want, but am not yet ready to buy, an SE1-2. Do you have any plans in offering them with a gold plated finish?
As of now, no. But I will definitely pass along your request. Thanks for your comment and happy shaving!

My Merkur Futur is a gold plate, and the first experience I was referencing, in my post above. Nothing else has felt like it. But, it is entirely possible it is a lacquer applied after plating?
I know that the razors we have replated are sealed, but I don’t know about the Merkur. I’m sure they do something though otherwise the plating would wear off.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I like the look of the pictured razors.

I'm not in the market for safety razors (and already have some great ATT razors), but I don't see any plating options. Where are they?

Mike's going to get one of those gold razors, so I'm just asking for a friend.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I like the look of the pictured razors.

I'm not in the market for safety razors (and already have some great ATT razors), but I don't see any plating options. Where are they?

Mike's going to get one of those gold razors, so I'm just asking for a friend.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Here a screen shot of where it is on our site.
EBD58141-07EF-4290-946D-C868BFBB5801.png

Top Bottom