What's new

Let the sampling begin!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
If you're looking for a star performer soap, try one of Stirling's Mutton Tallow soaps. Some casual reading on the forums had me adding one to my cart and I was taken aback after the first shave with it.

If you're looking for a star performer soap, try one of Stirling's Mutton Tallow soaps. Some casual reading on the forums had me adding one to my cart and I was taken aback after the first shave with it.

Thanks for the note! As a daily shaver with coarse hair, I’m looking for the absolute best performing soap. Cost is of little concern. What would you say is the best? Do any of the samples I currently have rank among them?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Thanks for the note! As a daily shaver with coarse hair, I’m looking for the absolute best performing soap. Cost is of little concern. What would you say is the best? Do any of the samples I currently have rank among them?

Of the soap samples you show, I only have Barrister and Mann Seville. It's a very good soap, but from a performance perspective alone, it's not one of the top in my den. Again, very good, but not the slickest. Seville's scent is top, but I don't take scent into account when judging performance.

Top performers in my collection are: Stirling Mutton Tallow (any scent), Cremo Sandalwood Lathering Shave Cream (I believe this is the only scent this is made in...image below), PAA CK soaps (I like their regular formula better than their CK-6 formula...call me crazy) and Taylor of Old Bond Street shave creams (any scent).

You purchased a number of Ariana & Evans samples. I have no experience with this soap, but judging from the forums, it's a winner. I have their Monte Carlo Kaizen soap on the way.

Happy Shaves!

Cremo Lathering Shave Cream.jpg

Top Bottom