What's new

Let the Fountain Pens Flow!

Very cool article. They did make one small error. Brian Goulet wasn't making fountain pens before swapping to a retailer only business, he was crafting wooden pens that took ballpoint or roller ball inserts. But, eh, close enough.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
After reading about all these Millennials and their new pen hobby I got the sinking feeling I'm one of those "fusty" old guys.

Oh yeah, by the way -- Get off my lawn!

This was a very good article and it made me happy to see the hobby get the much needed exposure. I'm just a little disappointed in the ending of the article. It really killed the mood.

Yeah, Bob. That evil Doug guy is why my next pen will be an M200 in marbled green.

You know, the best part about picking up the FP habit here is that resident experts like @nemo and @brianw are so knowledgeable, but most important, are damn nice.

I should have been shooed off of their lawns a loooong time ago.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That’s neat! It’s cool to read an article and actually recognize some of the people’s names and terminology.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
That’s neat! It’s cool to read an article and actually recognize some of the people’s names and terminology.
When I first read the article, I didn’t know who any of those guys were. Since immersing myself in fountain pens the last couple weeks, I read it again. Then I picked up on it - “oh yeah, Goulet Pens! Oh yeah, the YouTube guy!” I’m with @WarriorMonk on the ending. I don’t know what point the author was trying to prove - that there’s a—holes everywhere, even the pen world? It didn’t fit what was otherwise a nice, positive article.

When I first read the article, I didn’t know who any of those guys were. Since immersing myself in fountain pens the last couple weeks, I read it again. Then I picked up on it - “oh yeah, Goulet Pens! Oh yeah, the YouTube guy!” I’m with @WarriorMonk on the ending. I don’t know what point the author was trying to prove - that there’s a—holes everywhere, even the pen world? It didn’t fit what was otherwise a nice, positive article.

Thank you. I am glad I wasn't the only person who saw that. The article was awesome and really put the hobby / lifestyle out there thankfully. :)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Doug:
proxy.php
Awesome read and thanx for your support and for sharing, but really...are we FP'ers 'nerdish or techish' (lol...:ihih:)?

On the good side, I'm inclined to think we possess a 'pen-attitude'. :thumbsup:

Fountain Pen Icon.png
“None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen or half it's ['pensations']; but we can try". Mark Twain

Last edited:
Top Bottom