What's new

Let me know what I just bought please

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387404421.935012.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387404436.377971.jpg
So I just got This for about 8 dollars at my local antique shop, no clue what I'm looking at haha, all help will be appreciated

TTO - I need close ups to tell you anything else - plenty of people on here to identify just about anything and everything in the known and unknown universe - I am sure you will get good info

need to see the band right above where you twist to open also... is it smooth or does it have knurling like the rest of the razor?

Yup looks like a 1946-47 Aristocrat. A can of foaming Scrubbing Bubbles and a soft toothbrush might help clean it up. I'm not sure what polish to use on it since I mainly have Nickel & Chrome razors so use Flitz on them.

Last edited:
Boil some water, not with the razor in it, pour it over the razor in another pan, let it cool with the razor in it... then I use dawn dish detergent and I brush it with a toothbrush.. squirt some scrubbing bubbles on it, let it set about 2 minutes, brush it also..then repeat until it's your kind of clean... I'd stay away from polishes at the moment, it's to easy to strip that thin gold plating off..

Some of the gold is coming off already yet the inside is still that beautiful gold, what would you guys do in this situation $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387409916.814950.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387409932.018353.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387409941.645430.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387409954.991717.jpg

would it be best to have it as a display cause I really want to use it since I know it will be loads better than my weishi and my EJDE89 coming for Christmas, just don't know guys. HELPPP:001_unsur

Use that Bad Boy, It does not appear to me in such mint condition as to entitle it to a display only position in your collection. Enjoy it by all means.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Some of the gold is coming off already yet the inside is still that beautiful gold, what would you guys do in this situation

Is it the gold coming off, or the lacquer that was put on to protect the gold?
If the gold is thinning, you'll see the silver colored nickel plating underneath.
If it's coming off in flakes, then it's the lacquer.
The lacquer can be stripped off easily if it is compromised, thus revealing the gold underneath.
If the gold is thinning and you can see silver metal, then it's just the plating wearing through and all you can do is live with it or get it replated.

Is it the gold coming off, or the lacquer that was put on to protect the gold?
If the gold is thinning, you'll see the silver colored nickel plating underneath.
If it's coming off in flakes, then it's the lacquer.
The lacquer can be stripped off easily if it is compromised, thus revealing the gold underneath.
If the gold is thinning and you can see silver metal, then it's just the plating wearing through and all you can do is live with it or get it replated.

Seeing silver

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Seeing silver

Yep. Plating.
Not a big deal, it will shave every bit as good as if it was new.
If you like it and decide to keep it, you can always have it replated later, and with the wee bucks you paid for it, you'll still come out ahead on the deal!

Top Bottom