What's new

Lesson learned

So I have been shaving with a straight for about a month now. In the beginning I did as much research and learning as i could before taking a blade to my face and for the first week and a half I shaved somewhat successful and avoided any cuts or knicks.

Then one day i was in a little more of a rush and was a little over confident. Well, I wound up with a slice under the corner of my mouth and also cut open a bump on my upper lip from an injury a few years ago

After a week of walking around with a red line on my face, I learned a valuable lesson in patience.

If you're reading this and are new at this, don't get over confident and rush. The razor WILL tell you to slow down, and it can be a painful lesson.

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
To keep my concentration level up when SR shaving, I regularly shave with a Gold Dollar W59. I keep the toe pointy and sharp.
IMG_20200919_065313.jpg
IMG_20210104_073103.jpg

I've always said, use a straight when you can devote the time to use them. For me its straights on the weekend if I have the time in the morning, the rest of the time during the workweek its safety razors all the way.

Larry

Straight shaving takes muscle memory and that can only be acquired over time and practice. I personally find that i can shave with a straight faster that with anything else but i know which straights i can get away with doing it and i have lots of practice....although every now and again the razor wins....lol.

Top Bottom