What's new

Lemon scented aftershave/skin food

I'm looking for a lemon scented aftershave to go with soaps like MdC Argumes and Extro Cosmesi Bergamotto di Calabria. I'm looking for an alcohol based splash or a skin food type liquid. No balms, my skin is oily enough as it is. Does anyone know of something that would fit my criteria? Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:
Myrsol Água de Limon comes to mind as an honest and classic aftershave with good ingredients and comparable price per ml to US artisan brands

PENHALIGON’S Blenheim bouquet is a delicious mix of lime, black pepper and pine. DR Harris Arlington is also a nice fresh citrus scent, but not pure lemon. Both have top quality ingredients, but are pricey.

Lemon scents in general do not last long, so it’s good to set expectations

I’m sure others can weigh in about artisans X, Y, Z offers

I'm aware that lemon scents aren't going to last forever. I just want something to compliment the lemon soaps I have that will last for however it lasts. I placed an order for BM Angelique Fougere because it has a strong citrus scent along with a few other notes that will hopefully stick around a little longer.

I'm thinking that Geo F Trumpet or one of those English brands used to offer a lemon a/s but for the life of me I can't think of what it was and I can't find it either.

I don't have any experience with Myrsol but would give them a shot if there isn't anything else available that focuses it's ingredients more on skin care rather than just alcohol and scent.

Geo Trumper Astor has a lemon base maybe that is what your thinking of?
The Eucris skin food is sandalwood, musk, moss, jasmine, and coriander
But Trumber does have a extract of Lime skin food

The rifleman makes his own lemon based aftershave so i hear. 190 grain alcohol,99% isopropyl, Aloe based Thayers witch hazel topped off with Formbys lemon all natural furniture polish :cuppa:

Geo Trumper Astor has a lemon base maybe that is what your thinking of?
The Eucris skin food is sandalwood, musk, moss, jasmine, and coriander
But Trumber does have a extract of Lime skin food

I think the lime must be what I was thinking of.

alvarez gomez plisson dovo art of shaving lemon janaury 9 2016.jpg

Top Bottom