What's new

Lemon Or Mint Tea

I use loose tea from the Indian grocery mixed with fresh-squeezed lemon juice. Wagh Bakri brand, Brooke Bond brand or similar. Fresh lemon is important, as opposed to the reconstituted stuff, which always has an off flavor. These aren't gourmet teas, but still enjoyable.

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I actually buy dried peppermint leaf and add it to to lose leaf tea. Typically, I like adding it to a good, malty Assam--typically one teaspoon of mint for each tablespoon of tea, but that varies with my whim.

Really, it works well with about any tea when I'm in the mood, even green teas and Earl Grey.

I use loose tea from the Indian grocery mixed with fresh-squeezed lemon juice. Wagh Bakri brand, Brooke Bond brand or similar. Fresh lemon is important, as opposed to the reconstituted stuff, which always has an off flavor. These aren't gourmet teas, but still enjoyable.
I actually buy dried peppermint leaf and add it to to lose leaf tea. Typically, I like adding it to a good, malty Assam--typically one teaspoon of mint for each tablespoon of tea, but that varies with my whim.

Really, it works well with about any tea when I'm in the mood, even green teas and Earl Grey.

Thanks guys, I’ll have to give fresh lemon and peppermint leaves a try! Just in time to get some in the garden this spring

there are a couple of loose leaf lemons that I use. one is green tea based and uses lemongrass, the other s are black tea with lemon rind and ginger, and one without the ginger.

When my wife was growing up, her mother made iceda tea that was about half black tea and half lemonade. My wife still likes tea with lemon, but I prefer fresh spearmint in summer months.

The best loose-leaf mint teas--by a long shot--I've tasted are from chafineteas.com and smithtea.com. Both are superb.

Top Bottom