What's new

Legacy Shave - has anyone seen this nonsense?

A lot of close minded people on this forum, unfortunately.

As I said earlier, I had something similar back in the 80’s and it worked well. Is it as good as a traditional soap or cream with brush? For me, no, but others may have a different opinion. Why knock it? Especially since most of you have never tried it. It’s easy to use, convenient, and works with whatever canned shaving cream you might like.

Not only that, but maybe that’s the first step to someone discovering whats available with brushes and soaps/creams. Imagine they started googling and came to this thread to see all snobbery that’s been posted. Might turn them off to the hobby.

If it works and you are happy with it, then more power to you. Welcome to the club!

As I said earlier, I had something similar back in the 80’s and it worked well. Is it as good as a traditional soap or cream with brush? For me, no, but others may have a different opinion. Why knock it? Especially since most of you have never tried it. It’s easy to use, convenient, and works with whatever canned shaving cream you might like.

Not only that, but maybe that’s the first step to someone discovering whats available with brushes and soaps/creams. Imagine they started googling and came to this thread to see all snobbery that’s been posted. Might turn them off to the hobby.

If it works and you are happy with it, then more power to you. Welcome to the club!

Nice :001_rolle

Regards,
Closed Minded Snob

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

I see your point. Truly, I think I sometimes am that which I despise in others.

I hope I didn't come across as intolerant of a person who uses that device, as in my mind I thought I was critical of the product. I guess I just don't get it.

I do kinda miss the thing my Dad had back in the 70's that heated up your shaving foam can.

No, this world is too wicked for me to want to pile on the crap. Forgive me please if I was a jerk.

Dave

If you really want to have fun and have a few minuets to kill, check out that Legacy Shave apparatus on Amazon. It has 4 stars and the comments are funny. The first one talks about a guy remembering his Dad shaving with a Beaver brush. At least it wasn’t porcupine. I was going to buy it and report back here but for $20 I can get two great Omega Boar brushes, so I guess I’ll never know the “joy of a Legacy Shave”.
Perhaps it was where it was to be used & not what it was made of?

Tsk..tsk..tsk I thought there would be a self sharpening razor opposite to the brush. This is yesteryear tech. :hand:

If you really want to have fun and have a few minuets to kill, check out that Legacy Shave apparatus on Amazon. It has 4 stars and the comments are funny. The first one talks about a guy remembering his Dad shaving with a Beaver brush. At least it wasn’t porcupine. I was going to buy it and report back here but for $20 I can get two great Omega Boar brushes, so I guess I’ll never know the “joy of a Legacy Shave”.
Oh God...

Beaver Brush.....

Oh man my sides are aching!

Come to think about it......

never mind.

Hadn’t seen it before this thread. Their videos on the YouTube channel are worth a look if you find cheesy commercials funny.

That’s ludicrous :001_rolle
Also why does it say it’s an all-in-one shave tool? Where’s the razor?
It should be called ‘the Peltzer shave station’ (one for the gremlins fans in here) :001_smile

That Peltzer invention - the bathroom buddy? - from Gremlins was exactly what came to mind when I saw this.
Come to think of it there’s a similar shaving foam gimmicky ‘device’ that goes wrong in a Frasier episode - the “hot and foamy.”

Might be a good gift for someone who likes trying gadgets.

Last edited:
I do kinda miss the thing my Dad had back in the 70's that heated up your shaving foam can.
I had one of those in the late 80s. It was a Conair lather warmer. Worked for maybe two weeks then stopped. That always irked me, but I must say I did like the warm lather. You couldn't pay me to go back to it now, though. Apparently they still sell them. Amazing!

1588596421612.png

I love my Omega 11126, regardless of which soap or cream I use.

I want a "beaver hair" shaving brush. Every man in America is going to want a Genuine Beaver Hair Shaving Brush. Someone is going to make a fortune selling "genuine beaver" shaving brushes.

Just think how much fun collecting all that beaver fur is going to be! I want that job.

I had one of those in the late 80s. It was a Conair lather warmer. Worked for maybe two weeks then stopped. That always irked me, but I must say I did like the warm lather. You couldn't pay me to go back to it now, though. Apparently they still sell them. Amazing!

View attachment 1095721
My sister gave me one of these as a gift in the 90s. Warm lather felt nice, but I do remember it not lasting very long as well

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My sister gave me one of these as a gift in the 90s. Warm lather felt nice, but I do remember it not lasting very long as well
I honestly don't know what happened to ours. I have a feeling dad just didn't like the hassle. He liked his toys, but not gimmicky stuff, if that makes sense.

Top Bottom