What's new

Lee's Razors problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else had issues with shopping there? This is my third time making an online purchase with an issue. It's either an item is out, product delivery delay or lack of response to email. This time, its the two latter.

no issues here with Lee's.
good service, prompt delivery, availability is (was) shown on website.
yes, he was sometimes a little slow on responding to separate emails.
and he carries some great, exclusive lines, such as santa maria novella.
overall, fine experience.

I've ordered two or three times from Lee's Safety Razors.

On one occasion, I hadn't received a shipping notice after a few days. I emailed and Lee responded the same day to let me know my order was going out the door that day.

On another occasion, same thing, no shipping notice after a few days. Again I emailed and the next morning Lee called me to explain he didn't have enough stock to cover my entire order. We worked everything out.

I was really impressed by the phone call and Lee was a very personable guy. We had a nice chat, including his admittance that he didn't have a presence here on the forums like some vendors do. I got the impression that he's just a busy small business owner who could probably do with an assistant. Maybe the operation isn't perfect, but Lee has products and/or prices that sometimes attract my business and I wouldn't hesitate ordering from him again in the future!

Last edited:
I also had an issue. No shipping notice after a week even through my items were in stock. Lee phoned me in response to my email and said he would hook me up with a blade sampler to fix things. I thought that was very cool. When I received my order, no blade sampler. I haven't visited his site since then.

Made my first order last month. Took two weeks for the order to be processed and shipped out. No notification about the delay at all. Prices were better for the items I ordered compared to everywhere else I checked but not significant enough for me to wait that long. A notification e-mail would have been nice especially since his shipping FAQ states that all orders ship within 72 hours. Theres a huge difference between 72 hours and 336 hours.

i don't buy from him anymore because of the issues mentioned above. i live in baltimore, the shaving stuff i buy from royalshave, which is located in california, arrives in 3days.

Last edited:
Hi: I see all the posts here and I cannot disagree. When I started 15 years ago, I put in an 800 number for customer convenience. I was "teaching and advising" on what items to buy. Over the years, I must have taken 20,000+ phone calls. I am here to help people, not to antagonize. I give solid information to all of those that request it. I work 7 days with a minimum of 12 hours each day. I'm finding that the phone calls are non stop now and a good percentage that call, go somewhere else to buy. That burns me. I have added personnel to help in packing orders, but we have a hard time keeping up with the orders that come in. As it says on my website, if your order is sure dated or you need something to ship at once, no one is better at turning on a dime than me. The delays are because WE ARE BUSY. Within the next few weeks, I will be sending an email to all customers that were delayed with a special offer/coupon to be used on your next order. I'm sorry guys, my company and I are doing the best I/we can.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only placed one order with him. It was for a Merkur 34G, and somehow the shopping basket hiccupped and I got TWO confirmation letters for the same order, with two different confirmation letters. I was afraid I was going to be billed twice and shipped double. I immediately eMailed about the mistake and it was never answered, but to be fair, it was the middle of the night on a Sunday evening, so I wouldn't expect anyone to be monitoring the eMail at that time.

The next morning, I called and spoke to a young lady, she saw the error and fixed it. I got my (ONE) razor and all was fine.

The reason I placed my order with Lee in the first place was that I had called him on the phone and he talked me through all the different Merkurs he had and helped me make a choice. He was very nice to talk to and very knowledgeable about his products. This was my first and only DE razor that I have purchased new. It was a birthday present to myself, about 3 months into my wet-shaving odyssey.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again, but I'm leary about his e-Commerce setup. In the future, I will shop his online catalog, fill up my shopping basket with what I want, but not pull the trigger electronically. I'd rather call on the phone and place my order by voice and get it confirmed verbally.

And he is the only vendor I feel I have to do this with.

Hi: I see all the posts here and I cannot disagree. When I started 15 years ago, I put in an 800 number for customer convenience. I was "teaching and advising" on what items to buy. Over the years, I must have taken 20,000+ phone calls. I am here to help people, not to antagonize. I give solid information to all of those that request it. I work 7 days with a minimum of 12 hours each day. I'm finding that the phone calls are non stop now and a good percentage that call, go somewhere else to buy. That burns me. I have added personnel to help in packing orders, but we have a hard time keeping up with the orders that come in. As it says on my website, if your order is sure dated or you need something to ship at once, no one is better at turning on a dime than me. The delays are because WE ARE BUSY. Within the next few weeks, I will be sending an email to all customers that were delayed with a special offer/coupon to be used on your next order. I'm sorry guys, my company and I are doing the best I/we can.

Lee

It sounds like you are a bit upset with people for increasing your sales faster than you can staff for it, as well as for making you work long days. Thats a, shall we say, unique attitude for a business owner to assume - at least publicly, and aimed directly at his customer base..

-s

Last edited by a moderator:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It sounds like you are a bit upset with people for increasing your sales faster than you can staff for it, as well as for making you work long days. Thats a, shall we say, unique attitude for a business owner to assume - at least publicly, and aimed directly at his customer base..

-s

Ymmv, but I don't interpret Lee's post similarly as you do :smile:

I am not upset at all!!!! I am ecstatic to have all this business. Believe me and I love what I do!!! I just feel bad that orders are delayed because of growing pains.. I think either you read into wrong or I am conveying what you think. Totally on the contrary. For those that do know me, I LOVE business!!!!!

Lee

I've never had a problem. My first traditional wet shaving starter kit was ordered from his website and I credit it with getting me started in this hobby.

I've emailed and asked lee for his thoughts several times. I have ordered from him and had no issues. Stand up guy. We are lucky to have vendors like him and the others that put so much effort into this.

I am not upset at all!!!! I am ecstatic to have all this business. Believe me and I love what I do!!! I just feel bad that orders are delayed because of growing pains.. I think either you read into wrong or I am conveying what you think. Totally on the contrary. For those that do know me, I LOVE business!!!!!

Lee

Just gave you more business, Lee! Love your close-out specials lately! :001_smile

Last edited:

-s

What post did you read?

Never had an issue with Lee. Very knowledgeable and an overall great guy. After my first order, he called me personally to tell me that he would meet me at a Staples near his office so I wouldn't have to pay shipping. Not many guys would take the time to do that on a Saturday. I will continue to do business with him.

What post did you read?

As stated above YMMV, but to answer your question I read the post where the vendor responded to a thread on a shaving forum started by someone that was having an issue with his store regarding product outages, delivery delays, lack of response to emails, lack of follow through, lack of communication and general slowness :

Has anyone else had issues with shopping there? This is my third time making an online purchase with an issue. It's either an item is out, product delivery delay or lack of response to email. This time, its the two latter.

I also had an issue. No shipping notice after a week even through my items were in stock. Lee phoned me in response to my email and said he would hook me up with a blade sampler to fix things. I thought that was very cool. When I received my order, no blade sampler. I haven't visited his site since then.

Made my first order last month. Took two weeks for the order to be processed and shipped out. No notification about the delay at all. Prices were better for the items I ordered compared to everywhere else I checked but not significant enough for me to wait that long. A notification e-mail would have been nice especially since his shipping FAQ states that all orders ship within 72 hours. Theres a huge difference between 72 hours and 336 hours.

ive quit shopping with him because of these issues.

i don't buy from him anymore because of the issues mentioned above. i live in baltimore, the shaving stuff i buy from royalshave, which is located in california, arrives in 3days.

With this, which seems to address all the above issues with "it's not my fault".

Lee
leesrazors.com

I’m sorry, but nice guy or not, responding (even in part) to the above with "The delays are because WE ARE BUSY." Is not the tone/attitude I’m looking for in a vendor. I don’t think my interpretation of this reply is some ‘crazy’ out of left field rant either, regardless of how many (or who) jump me for it.

-s

As stated above YMMV, but to answer your question I read the post where the vendor responded to a thread on a shaving forum started by someone that was having an issue with his store regarding product outages, delivery delays, lack of response to emails, lack of follow through, lack of communication and general slowness :

With this, which seems to address all the above issues with "it's not my fault".

I’m sorry, but nice guy or not, responding (even in part) to the above with "The delays are because WE ARE BUSY." Is not the tone/attitude I’m looking for in a vendor. I don’t think my interpretation of this reply is some ‘crazy’ out of left field rant either, regardless of how many (or who) jump me for it.

-s
I'm not sure what kind of response you would have liked. He took ownership of the issue didn't make excuses and offered an Avenue if you need stuff right away.

-s

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom