What's new

Lee Valley offers shaving brush knots

They only have 20 mm knots and made of 'genuine badger hair'. They are on pg 18 of the Feb 2011 catalogue.
$9.50 for 1
$9 for 5+
$8.55 for 10+
$8.10 for 25+

They also offer razor handle kits for making Mach 3 type razor handles if anyone care for those.
$10.50/$10/$9.45/$8.95

They only have 20 mm knots and made of 'genuine badger hair'. They are on pg 18 of the Feb 2011 catalogue.
$9.50 for 1
$9 for 5+
$8.55 for 10+
$8.10 for 25+

They also offer razor handle kits for making Mach 3 type razor handles if anyone care for those.
$10.50/$10/$9.45/$8.95

Very cool, I haven't got my 2011 catalog yet I'll have to get someone to pick that up for me on their next trip out.

Thanks Terry!

woodcraft sells the same stuff near the pen turning supplies. I was surprised to see them so cheap considering the price of the wood turned sets on etsy and ebay.

I picked up 2 today, they had a total of 5 come into the store, 2 were already sold. Of the three they had left one was badly damaged and so I took the others. They both measure out at 19mm dia and total height of 63mm, and are a nice pure badger almost a black badger in colour. It is kind of nice to be able to pickup single knot or two. Now if they would stock best badge and Silver tip it would be nicer yet.

Do they have a website or a number I can call for a catalog?

You are in for a revelation my friend!

Call them and they will send you three 250-300 page glossy catalogs absolutely free. One is medium to high-end woodworking tools, another is for gardening tools, and the third is hardware (knobs, hinges, fasteners, etc...)

Although it is a Canadian they ship American orders from a warehouse in the US, so you won't have to deal with delays or duties at the boarder.

Best company I've ever dealt with. Zero problems returning stuff, heck they even cover return shipping.

I am not an employee, but a huge fan:thumbup:

You are in for a revelation my friend!

Call them and they will send you three 250-300 page glossy catalogs absolutely free. One is medium to high-end woodworking tools, another is for gardening tools, and the third is hardware (knobs, hinges, fasteners, etc...)

Although it is a Canadian they ship American orders from a warehouse in the US, so you won't have to deal with delays or duties at the boarder.

Best company I've ever dealt with. Zero problems returning stuff, heck they even cover return shipping.

I am not an employee, but a huge fan:thumbup:

What kind of shaving related supplies do they have? 3 different magazines? wow, cool.

They don't have much for shaving supplies, they sell a lot of stuff for woodworking and Gardening, hand forged shovels and axes, okay open drop forged for you blacksmiths. They have the best catalogs ever, they can make anything from the cheapest junk (a crate hammer) to the best wood chisel, sound like the best thing since sliced bread. They do carry a nice selection of water stones. They really are a great place to shop. and they carry pen making supplies.
This is what they have
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=67156&cat=51&ap=1

What kind of shaving related supplies do they have? 3 different magazines? wow, cool.

As Trenton said, they only have the one knot and the one razor kit...they are just aimed at woodturners looking for project kits. They have only had them for the past few weeks, so they are probably just testing the waters for now. But take a look at the large selection of pen kits they have...in the beginning they also had just a few kits available, but once they saw the demand was there, the inventory increased dramatically. Hopefully more shaving stuff will come:001_smile

Again as Trenton has said they do have a large inventory of sharpening stones but they also have stroping leather, abrasive and polishing compounds:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?cat=1&p=43072

Get the free cats, you wont regret it:thumbup:

PS...another neat thing about the catalogs is that they contain really good explanations as to a product's fabrication and use...very educational in that sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom