What's new

Lee Sabini's Contact Info

Would one of you gents please be so kind as to PM me Mr. Sabini's most up to date email address? My tax return was a little more generous than I initially thought it would be and I've decided to go ahead and splurge on a new brush. Thanks in advance!

Lee Sabini is a brushmaker who currently produces brushes under the Morris & Forndran name. He previously produced Rooney brushes and served as both the Director and Executive Secretary of that company, but his current level of involvement with that company is a bit of an unknown.

Last edited:
If someone has an email address other than the btinternet address, please PM me, as I've never been able to contact him.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
What is the secret with his contact info?? He is selling shaving brushes, why not being open with his e-mail and real business address??
I also make brushes, and one can find my info with little search online, here or on other shaving boards - and so for other brush makers.
You can find the info for all other shaving brush companies very easy, but not his - quite odd and this gives me a bit of a weird feel in case I have an issue with the brush, how do I handle this when the contact is a bit fishy.

Yeah it's not like once you contact him he gets pissed and asks you how you got his info... I think the hush hush about the contact info is a way to create the feeling of exclusivity from owners who took the risk on a vague process. I'm sure the quality is good though based on reputation. jmho

What is the secret with his contact info?? He is selling shaving brushes, why not being open with his e-mail and real business address??
You can find the info for all other shaving brush companies very easy, but not his - quite odd and this gives me a bit of a weird feel in case I have an issue with the brush, how do I handle this when the contact is a bit fishy.

If anyone has an issue with a new M&F brush, you simply email him or where you purchased it from. From what I have seen and heard, the odd time (very odd time) someone has had an issue, it's rectified quickly and professionally.

As for issues with a used M&F brush, that would between the seller and buyer and should not concern Mr. Sabini, so no need to contact him.

In regards to the email not being posted and no webiste etc, it's his right and people can choose to do as they please. Some are out there tweeting and with FB and on forums, Mr. Sabini is not and we should respect his choice.

.. I think the hush hush about the contact info is a way to create the feeling of exclusivity from owners who took the risk on a vague process.

I disagree, but that's just my opinion. Multiple people have met him, gone for a beer, talked to him on the phone etc. He's not Mr. X, he's just a guy who doesn't want to be out there for the entire world to see into his world.

Last edited:
Two points here.

1.) Just because you can easily get in contact with someone you have purchased a product from, does not guarantee that they will be supportive when you have an issue with that product. (this is NOT a shot at anyone, just something to consider, and something that has been discussed in other threads on this forum) Example: your local cable company. Pick one, they all suck.

2.) The brushes are manufactured so well, that when I buy them, I am pretty confident that nothing will go wrong with them.

That's all I really have to say!

i just wanted to buy one and couldnt get a hold of him so i moved on. i would love to still but not going to chase someone down to buy their products.

Well, I guess the gentleman is free to do business any way he pleases, and it's up to the consumer to decide if he wants to proceed with such a transaction.

This situation reminds me of a quite well-known maker of pickups for electric guitars. He is decidedly "Old School," and is known by word of mouth. Yes, he has a "website," if you want to call it that -- it's ancient, and you can't really get anything done on it other than get a phone number to contact him. That's how he likes it. (BTW, he's a SUPER-nice guy who will talk your ear off; few phone calls will log in at under 15 minutes!) No online ordering, no emails, no texts. You call him on the phone, discuss what it is you're looking for, then if you decide to proceed with a purchase, you MAIL him a check. No PayPal, no credit cards. Without fail, your pickups arrive two to three weeks later. That's just how he operates. Anachronistic as it is, I don't think he's ever "hurting" for business.

So, as long as a merchant delivers as promised, they can operate however they want. No one's forcing you to send them your money...

$HitTheNailOnTheHead.gif

Well said Fred! This thread can now be closed :001_cool:

Well, I guess the gentleman is free to do business any way he pleases, and it's up to the consumer to decide if he wants to proceed with such a transaction.

This situation reminds me of a quite well-known maker of pickups for electric guitars. He is decidedly "Old School," and is known by word of mouth. Yes, he has a "website," if you want to call it that -- it's ancient, and you can't really get anything done on it other than get a phone number to contact him. That's how he likes it. (BTW, he's a SUPER-nice guy who will talk your ear off; few phone calls will log in at under 15 minutes!) No online ordering, no emails, no texts. You call him on the phone, discuss what it is you're looking for, then if you decide to proceed with a purchase, you MAIL him a check. No PayPal, no credit cards. Without fail, your pickups arrive two to three weeks later. That's just how he operates. Anachronistic as it is, I don't think he's ever "hurting" for business.

So, as long as a merchant delivers as promised, they can operate however they want. No one's forcing you to send them your money...

Which maker? I was thinking fralin, but I think you might be able to order in his site

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
What Rudy said...

Not what Rudy said. And, with all due respect, given how long Rudy has been around and how many times he has seen this subject get hashed (only to have the threads moved to Shopping and Deals in the Marketplace), I'm surprised he said what he did here.

There is a thread dedicated to M&F Blonde Badger brushes. The post count presently stands at 3,391. When I decided I wanted to try to buy a brush from Lee, I asked someone who'd posted there if he would mind sharing Lee's contact info with me. I got it without any problem. Then I was patiently persistent. That worked for me. Since then, I've had countless (meaning I haven't counted) members request Lee's email address from me via PM. Ask and ye shall receive. There's absolutely nothing secret about it. The well-known fact is that anyone who wants Lee's email address can obtain it very easily. That's not the problem, or maybe it really is the problem!

As to Rudy's concern regarding customer support, presumably anyone who has purchased a brush from Lee somehow managed to discover his contact info in order to arrange the purchase. And if he has Lee's contact info, then he should be able to get in touch with Lee in the event an issue develops with the brush. What's fishy about that? For what it's worth, the email address I used when I first contacted Lee in November 2012 is the one I still use. It's not like he's constantly changing his address to dodge unhappy customers.

By the way, although Lee regards shaving brushes as personal items, I know of a member here who bought an M&F brush on BST from another member in Australia, and then after using it for almost a year reported to Lee that it was a shedder. Lee replaced the brush. I'm not saying anyone should expect that kind of consideration. I'm just sayin'.

It seems to me that if Lee's brushes were over-priced or frequently turned out to suck, 1) he most likely wouldn't sell a lot of brushes, 2) not being able to get in touch with him to buy a brush wouldn't be an issue for many people, and 3) his competitors probably wouldn't bother to stir this pot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom