What's new

Lee Child

Anyone else a fan of Lee Child? He is my favorite author and if you are a fan of the Thriller genre, I would highly recommend him!

He has a new Jack Reacher novel out today... The Affair.

CAN'T WAIT!!

:)

Tom

I haven't read one of his for some time now, I really enjoy his Reacher novels. Thanks for the heads up.

Read a few of them and enjoyed them. Can't believe they are planning to have Tom Cruise play Reacher in a movie.

Read a few of them and enjoyed them. Can't believe they are planning to have Tom Cruise play Reacher in a movie.

Me either!! Tom Cruise.... I'm thinking Liam Neeson or Jason Statham! Reacher is supposed to be a big BAD ***!

Tom

I like them but in measured doses. I tried back-to-back titles once and got an overdose of Reacher. I gave it a few months which allowed me to forgot the character of Jack Reacher. He leads one hectic life. The next title went more smoothly for me.

I read the first book of the series a month or so ago. I thought it was OK. I will read one or two more to see if I like Reacher a little better. I have so many authors that I enjoy that I don't add to many new authors to my must read list.

I head some where that Hollywierd is going to make one of the books into a movie. Evidently Tom Cruise is going to play Reacher. To me that would be a bad choice.

Generally they are a great read and I am looking forward to the next one. Along with everyone else though I just cannot see Tom Cruise as Reacher.

I read the first book of the series a month or so ago. I thought it was OK. I will read one or two more to see if I like Reacher a little better. I have so many authors that I enjoy that I don't add to many new authors to my must read list.

I head some where that Hollywierd is going to make one of the books into a movie. Evidently Tom Cruise is going to play Reacher. To me that would be a bad choice.

As to the next Reacher book you read, skip the next several in order. I find Lee Child to be just horrible at writing love scenes. Disturbingly bad! He write flirtation scenes just fine, ironically.

Tom Cruise has surprised me before, but I too think he is a terrible choice to play Reacher! Size alone should disqualify him.

There are probably dozens of better choices to play Reacher.

I am about 1/2 way through the most recent Reacher book. I do not think I will express any opinions, at least until I finish it, and until some others have had a chance to finish it.

Javier Bardem would be my pick for Reacher, at least that is what I will tell the director when asked my opinion.

Just picked up "The Affair" yesterday and I am trying to hold off starting it, I am trying to save it for my holiday starting Tuesday night. So far holding out OK.

I have read them all, this latest one goes back in time which is a change. His shtick is that he wanders the earth with a toothbrush and has no possessions, wears clothes and then throws them away and buys a new set. It seemed to me that in the earlier books he didn't take enough showers or change clothes often enough to account for his ability to pass in normal society but the latest ones you can almost see the author/editor note to 'insert shower/change of clothes paragraph'.

Top Bottom