What's new

Led Zeppelin

Lately I have been on a Zeppelin jag. Concert footage, bootlegs, studio albums, etc.
I must admit, I forgot that when those four gents "got it on" it was a powerful musical force.

That is all.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Robert Plant probably has the best ever Rock voice. I wish they would just grab Jason Bonham and tour.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I have downloaded a few re-mastered Zep tunes that kind of sucked compared to the originals.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Cool. What strikes me is the energy and passion they put into their live shows. And of course the chemistry. They played their butts off.
Since I've Been Loving You (Royal Albert Hall performance, I think) has some blistering guitar. It is all good though.

Since I've Been Loving You (Royal Albert Hall performance, I think) has some blistering guitar. It is all good though.

And in our day bands like Deep Purple and Zep were considered "Heavy Metal". They are tame compared to the thrash metal that followed.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
And in our day bands like Deep Purple and Zep were considered "Heavy Metal". They are tame compared to the thrash metal that followed.
Yeah, but those two bands, along with Black Sabbath, laid the foundation that they built upon. Oh, there is one part I find comical in the Since I've Been Loving You- they pan the crowd, and you see a cop there working security. His mouth is agape, as if to say "I can't believe I am witnessing this". I am jealous of that guy.

Yeah, but those two bands, along with Black Sabbath, laid the foundation that they built upon. Oh, there is one part I find comical in the Since I've Been Loving You- they pan the crowd, and you see a cop there working security. His mouth is agape, as if to say "I can't believe I am witnessing this". I am jealous of that guy.

When I tell youngsters that concerts back then like Zep, The Dead, The Allman Brothers Band, The Doors, The Stones, Jimi, etc. were cathartic events and real super charged musical "happenings" they have no idea what I am talking about. I am afraid that era is gone forever. Darn I miss the excitement and the fun. Sheeesh... I hope I don't sound like some sad old man longing for the past.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When I tell youngsters that concerts back then like Zep, The Dead, The Allman Brothers Band, The Doors, The Stones, Jimi, etc. were cathartic events and real super charged musical "happenings" they have no idea what I am talking about. I am afraid that era is gone forever. Darn I miss the excitement and the fun. Sheeesh... I hope I don't sound like some sad old man longing for the past.
Yep. Never got to see the Zep, but I saw Jimmy (good show). The one that blew my doors off was the Allman Brothers, late 80s, at Blossom Music Center. I can't even begin to put that concert into words.

Top Bottom