What's new

Led Zeppelin

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I was thinking more along the lines of Captain Pissleg, but the options were endless, and none of them would have ended well for him.

Lived the Zeppelin years, have the vinyl, have the CDs, and saw 'em at Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas.

It's been a love/hate relationship. I dig 'em then I loathe 'em in seemingly endless cycles. Seem to be in a "loathe mode" just now. Will spin a CD on occasion but a little dab'll do me at present.

I'm probably partially deaf because of Led Zeppelin and too much shooting without hearing protection when I was young.

Remember hearing Kashmir for the first time in the middle of the night on Q107 just after they began broadcasting. Wasn't a hardcore follower at the time, but the entire song had me listening intently right through if only to hear where it would all end up.
Oddly, I had the same reaction when I first heard Donna Summer's I Feel Love around the same time (most definitely not on Q107...likely on the automated Top 40 station out of Buffalo, Rock 102).
Both songs had/have a strange propulsive almost hypnotic quality that demands you ride them all the way through.
Good grief, Led Zep and Donna Summer in the same post.

Remember hearing Kashmir for the first time in the middle of the night on Q107 just after they began broadcasting. Wasn't a hardcore follower at the time, but the entire song had me listening intently right through if only to hear where it would all end up.
Oddly, I had the same reaction when I first heard Donna Summer's I Feel Love around the same time (most definitely not on Q107...likely on the automated Top 40 station out of Buffalo, Rock 102).
Both songs had/have a strange propulsive almost hypnotic quality that demands you ride them all the way through.
Good grief, Led Zep and Donna Summer in the same post.

Both of their styles are sexually primal. I can see it.

The things Bonzo does in Moby Dick are positively filthy. He would never be the master technician like Neil Peart, but man could that guy drive a song.

Lived the Zeppelin years, have the vinyl, have the CDs, and saw 'em at Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas.

It's been a love/hate relationship. I dig 'em then I loathe 'em in seemingly endless cycles. Seem to be in a "loathe mode" just now. Will spin a CD on occasion but a little dab'll do me at present.

I'm probably partially deaf because of Led Zeppelin and too much shooting without hearing protection when I was young.

Cool.

Am a fan, they dominate my play list. Have no idea if it is true or not but I understand they were studio musicians first and The Who was acquainted with them. They decided to form their own band and tour but had not come up with a name yet. When Keith Moon heard they were going to try touring as a band he supposedly said, "Well, they will go over like a lead balloon." And that was how they chose their name. To stick it in Keith's ear. If it is true I love it - the, "We'll show him" attitude.

Top Bottom