What's new

Led Zeppelin

It's really difficult to overstate how huge an impact those few bands had on what was to come. One of the very few reasons that I would rather be 10 years older.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It's really difficult to overstate how huge an impact those few bands had on what was to come. One of the very few reasons that I would rather be 10 years older.
"Riff" and "guitar solo" were terms made popular because of Jimmy Page.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I recall that their hotel room was robbed that night, and they lost their earnings for the show.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm not kidding. My friend, who is now a high powered lawyer, had to take a leak and went between the subway cars to relieve himself. The train pulled into a station and came to a stop with the most perfect timing in the recorded history of mankind- right smack dab in front of a cop, whose leg took the brunt of his spray. Suffice it to say the officer was less than amused.

The cop stormed into the train and dragged my friend from between the cars. I never heard such threats, but we couldn't stop laughing. As I was the least messed up of us, my brain went into emergency mode and I huddled my three still functioning brain cells to come up with a quick way to extricate our sorry underage butts. Imagine that- I had to be the voice of reason. I told the officer he had the power and the right to do whatever he wanted to us, but he should pause for a moment to consider what his nickname would be in the station house for the rest of his career. Now that may or may not have been the most brilliant thing to say, but it worked.

Ah, good times.

Top Bottom