What's new

Leatherman carriers?

I just got a Micra after my Victorinox classic gave out . The scissors of the Micra aren't as sharp but I like it better as a keychain multi-tool than the Victorinox.

I had the original Leatherman and it got stolen. Replaced it and that one got stolen also. Dare not get another.

I bought my first multitool, a Kick, at Menards for only $15. For the price I couldn't complain but I prefered a 1 hand opening blade that locks. Now my Kick finds it use in my tackle box. It has become good friends with the throat of many a fish and the stench has yet to come off.
Great tools.

I have a couple of leathermans and some no name wally world multi tool brands. I keep set of good ones in my truck, gun range bag and a set in my day/hiking pack. I keep a pair of the cheap ones in the wife's car and my sons day/hiking packs. I love them and abuse them all the time.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I know it is an old thread but I was doing a search for Leatherman here today and just found it.

For years I thought these were a joke and only wanted dedicated tools, one tool for one job. Well, once I actually got one in my hands everything changed. Quality build and anything I need for little fix it jobs at work are with me all the time.

My Leatherman stable includes" Micra, Juice S2, Original PST (black finish), Mini Tool, Side Clip, Charge Ti and a Wingman. The Micra and the Wingman are my usual EDC but the Wingman gets traded with either the PST or the Side Clip once in a while. The Juice is for weekend EDC and the Charge Ti with full bit kit is in my daily carry bag/briefcase or car as needed.

Now I just "need" a Core for the heavy duty jobs. I prefer the older discontinued models and other than the Wingman fuel my addiction via eBay rather than the stores.

Tony

Usually i have these items with me on my belt and in my pocket. Along with a cellphone and chapstick. It's a small MagLite, Gerber Suspension Multi-Tool and a Kershaw Onion Leek. I rotate the knife with a Spyderco.

proxy.php

I forgot to put what my job was. I'm a Merchant Marine Engineer.

Last edited:
Another wingman carrier here. It is almost always clipped inside my pocket. I have anther leatherman that I can't remember the model. One that comes with nylon case to carry it in. I strap it on the belt when I'm camping, hiking, or fishing.

I have the wave. It is carried in it's leather holster on my belt any time I am out fishing or camping. I have infrequent need for most of the tools in my normal day's events, so a pocket knife is what I edc. My only complaint of the LM is the steel quality on the blade. I know the knife blade is not meant to be a workhorse, but while easy to sharpen, it does not keep an edge for long. I am a bit particular on steel type and quality in blades I own though.

My only complaint of the LM is the steel quality on the blade. I know the knife blade is not meant to be a workhorse, but while easy to sharpen, it does not keep an edge for long. I am a bit particular on steel type and quality in blades I own though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, with all the love for LM products I thought I must be the crazy one. The LM products I've used (blast and some liner lock folder) haven't had very good edge retention, I could cut one cardboard box before needing to re-sharpen the blade, a Buck knife with the same 420hc blade and the same grind angle will last several times longer. I work with a metallurgist who worked for leatherman (not as a metallurgist) according to my co-worker their quality control on heat treating is basically non-existant. Apparently it's luck of the draw if you get a blade that holds an edge or not and I've been unlucky.

leatherman wave with brown leather case. on my person everyday. the Army gives gerbers, but those feel cheap. leatherman on my belt, gerber on my kit as redundancy. would have felt odd to come to the sandbox and leave my leatherman at home.

I carry a Leatherman MUT multi-tool in black finish. I carry it in a Bianchi accumold mag holder in duraskin finish so it blends in with everything else on my duty belt.

Attachments

• $L_MUT_black.jpg
    $L_MUT_black.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 27
3x Original Leatherman Supertools. The center console, and desk drawers at both work and home.

I should get new leather sheathes for them though, those are beat.

Top Bottom