What's new

Leather Travel Case from Above the Tie

Hello guys, seeking a little input.
I am looking very hard at producing a very nice quality leather travel case for three piece razors. The basic design would be somewhat like the very early travel cases Gillette made for the Military in the 1918 era. Would like any thoughts, ideas, suggestions as to what you would prefer in a product like this. I am leaning to a variegated brown leather.
Again something nice that would last fro years and be a piece of shave gear you would be proud to have.
Thanks in advance.
Stan

Something I thought would always be cool to have added to a travel case is a small slot for a pack of blades. Gillette attempted to do this in some of their early production travel kits which included a mirror and I think it could be done better.

I always find myself having to pack blades separately when I travel and sometimes they get lost in the mix, with a little internal pouch for them specifically I think it would be a home run.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final product!:biggrin1:

I am looking forward to this as well. If it's as good as your razors, it will be a gorgeous and functional beauty of a case.

I enjoy my Merker travel case with the exception of the snap. Plus the leather is thin. I'd rather have a thick dark brown leather case with a leather loop and tongue fastener like the Parker brush travel case.

I'd be very interested in such an item. Part of me is looking for a way to transport an assembled razor, with a blade in it, without dulling the edge, but most of me just wants a very nice way to store the razor itself disassembled where it won't bang into anything. I too would love a place for a pack of blades in the case.

I am still looking for a hard clam shell case that will carry 2 razors.

Something similar to the Chinese Weishi cases but for two razors.

proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Hello guys, seeking a little input.
I am looking very hard at producing a very nice quality leather travel case for three piece razors. The basic design would be somewhat like the very early travel cases Gillette made for the Military in the 1918 era. Would like any thoughts, ideas, suggestions as to what you would prefer in a product like this. I am leaning to a variegated brown leather.
Again something nice that would last fro years and be a piece of shave gear you would be proud to have.
Thanks in advance.
Stan

Hey Stan, one thing I'd say about that would be ... use good leather. I'm thinking full grain leather in a light tan, some thing that is as natural as possible and will develop a patina over the years, rather than corrected-grain leather that has essentially being "painted" in the dye process and is no more "leather" than particle board is "wood".

Look at the love that Saddleback leather products get here ... see what quality, patina-inducing leather can do for this bunch ... and take it from there.

Top Bottom