What's new

Least finicky soaps

I'm pretty sure that all Stirling's soaps are of the same tallow base, and each one differs only in scent.
They are all pretty magnificent soaps, and create a luxurious lather without needing to go crazy about
"dialing things in perfectly." Very tolerant to many differing amounts of water.
The vast majority of their scents are their beef base, which appears to be default.

Anything with "sheep" in the name (scots pine sheep, electric sheep etc) and Varen are examples of their mutton base.

Unscented Beeswax is their lanolin free.
There may be others but I know of those three at least.

Last edited:
The least finicky soap I ever used is sadly no longer in production - Mickey Lee Soapworks. Lots of water, little water - it didn't matter. Always a great lather.

Stirling has been mentioned a bunch, and I agree with the caveat that it's best with more water than less.

The least finicky soap I ever used is sadly no longer in production - Mickey Lee Soapworks. Lots of water, little water - it didn't matter. Always a great lather.

Stirling has been mentioned a bunch, and I agree with the caveat that it's best with more water than less.
With stirling I take a pinky nail of soap and a wet dripping brush and even that will not dissolve all the soap

Top Bottom