What's new

Learning to shave ATG, need help

Well I seem to have it figured out. I tried suggestions above, but unfortunately didn't solve my problem. I did a 4 pass shave (which was overkill... 4th pass barely caught anything), and it was going very well, so I decided to attempt ATG (most spots but neck). And it was a lot more comfortable. I think for me, I have to make sure I have a VERY close shave already before I attempt ATG. I can now do 3passes, then ATG everywhere but neck. Im not convinced I will ever do ATG on my neck, but will try occasionally I'm sure!

Sounds interesting, I have never tried a slant. I suppose I have a solution that works, I just need to make sure i put in the effort beforehand if I want to go ATG.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Do a XTG pass over the troublesome spots when you ATG, but no shaving soap, only water or witch hazel. This will make your XTG pass closer than normal. You may not need to go further. If you want to ATG, then after the water/wh pass, then use some more soap and go ATG with a very light touch and short strokes. It should go easier than it has been because the XTG pass with zero cushion shortened the whiskers.

Thanks Chandu for the suggestion. I'm always trying to make sure there is lather there! So not quite sure how it will go without, but I will give it a shot.

I found the ATG pass depends on the efficiency of your WTG pass. You might want to concentrate on the efficiency of you WTG pass. A good WTG pass should get you close to DFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it easy. Plenty of guys never shave ATG because they are not willing to risk irritation/ingrowns etc. It is not necessary to get a great shave and I do understand the draw. Personally, I didn't bother about shaving ATG for years but now I tend to make a WTG and an ATG pass and call it good.

Staying patient will help - maybe trying to shave ATG when you have extra time on your hands and the results aren't so important would help.

Top Bottom