What's new

Learning to love Tom's again

A lot of the products I buy tend to lose their luster after a while. When I first bought some Toms Calendula I loved everything about it, but as of late it has been more and more disappointing. It hasn't been nearly as thick or slick. Maybe, as so often happens, I was just infatuated with a new product that as it turns out wasn't really that good.

Well, not wanting to just sit on my fanny (bum for those of you who think "fannies" are something completely different) and take the hand dealt me I decided to try something. I've always thought that the clumps in Toms dissolved in my lather just fine with enough brushing around the bowl, but more and more I felt that it was difficult to get these globules of goodness to assimilate into the collective lather consciousness.

The solution was simple enough; drop the tube in some hot water! The globs dissolved and the cream works better than ever. The moral? Don't throw away your old Toms, damn it (you know who you are)! It just needs a little TLC.

A lot of the products I buy tend to lose their luster after a while. When I first bought some Toms Calendula I loved everything about it, but as of late it has been more and more disappointing. It hasn't been nearly as thick or slick. Maybe, as so often happens, I was just infatuated with a new product that as it turns out wasn't really that good.

Well, not wanting to just sit on my fanny (bum for those of you who think "fannies" are something completely different) and take the hand dealt me I decided to try something. I've always thought that the clumps in Toms dissolved in my lather just fine with enough brushing around the bowl, but more and more I felt that it was difficult to get these globules of goodness to assimilate into the collective lather consciousness.

The solution was simple enough; drop the tube in some hot water! The globs dissolved and the cream works better than ever. The moral? Don't throw away your old Toms, damn it (you know who you are)! It just needs a little TLC.

The hot water may melt the globs temporarily, but after time if you dont use it up the globs will come back in full force and the next time you open the tube it will be NOTHING but globs and hot water will not help.

This is what happened to me at least.

The hot water may melt the globs temporarily, but after time if you dont use it up the globs will come back in full force and the next time you open the tube it will be NOTHING but globs and hot water will not help.

This is what happened to me at least.

Two days later and my tube is silky and creamy.

I'm not talking a few days, more like a month or two.
I put mine in hot water, used it for a couple days, then stashed in to rotate other stuff in, a month and a half later i opened the tube and it was half liquid and ALL globs.

hot water did not help after that.

I've had creams seperate in the tube (namely derby and arko creams) i usually just knead the tubes regularly to re-mix the cream

I'm not talking a few days, more like a month or two.
I put mine in hot water, used it for a couple days, then stashed in to rotate other stuff in, a month and a half later i opened the tube and it was half liquid and ALL globs.

hot water did not help after that.

Oh, I was confused by your remark that "the next time you open the tube" it'd be that way. Well, I'm not particularly concerned as it seems like it's working for now.

Top Bottom