What's new

Learn me up on hair tonic

I just used the Pinaud Eau de Portugal - as an aftershave, following a shave with TOBS Grapefruit cream. It's great! Reminds me of Trumper's Eau de Portugal (as I hoped), which I also really like. It only lasts for minutes, though, before being barely detectable. I look forward to using it again.
This is a more on the bitter side orange peel/general citrus scent with something else I can't describe but that seems like a soft citrusy powder smell. Wonderful stuff. The other "hair tonic"-related ingredients in there seem to have a moisturizing effect on my face (not greasy), unlike the usual Pinaud/Clubman aftershaves.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
With few exceptions, just about every hair tonic I've ever used made my hair look greasy even when the product itself didn't feel greasy...which is weird, but...that's been my experience.

Hair tonic seems like from yesteryear no offense guys. But I immediately thought of lucky tiger. Sure enough they have one but it looks bright yellow (frankly urine color) and it has yellow 5&6. Not sure that meets your qualifications. If you are open to other suggestions I’d recommend imperial barber matte pomade paste
It also reactivates with water. Light / medium hold. No color additions. It’s made in L.A.

That's what I was thinking as well. That, or Osage Rub.

Superior 70 is also excellent. It's just alcohol and bay oil (and maybe menthol, depending on the version). I either use that or Yanagiya, though Yanagiya probably has too much oil to be pleasing for some.

Good hair tonic should be just what it says, it improves scalp health by encouraging circulation and decreasing inflammation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom