What's new

leaky bottle or normal?

ordered this Razorock ‘Acqua’ on Black Friday and received today.

Bottle is not nearly full.

is this normal for Razorock AS? Or was it used or perhaps leaked during shipment? (packaging material is not wet or fragrant)

Otherwise - the scent is very nice!

Thanks.

B6778B0F-F3FC-4A46-A69E-F8DD717B2167.jpeg

Often manufacturers sell based on volume. Let's say the listing indicates it is four ounces. That four ounces may well be what you see there. To my eye it looks a little low. But their obligation is that you receive what it is represented as - not that the bottle be full.

Consumable product trick is to have the neck of a product wrapped in paper so the consumer really can't tell how full it is. Here is some salad dressing. That way they don't have to field inquiries about it not being full.

85ea1635-0371-48d9-aac0-55fd61ce9725_1.ea79b224456c9f350f28496558d3da7c.jpeg

That's perplexing/frustrating.
I've noticed many artisan AS are inconsistent with fill level, but that's pretty darn low.
Look for signs of stains or dried liquid on the bottle - that would probably tell if it leaked.
Or you could contact the maker and ask if they can shed light.

P.S. If it was actually deliberately filled to that level by the maker, they need to be aware that nickeling-and-diming customers so they can save a few cents on a teaspoon of product is a huge mistake and major irritant to customers who may well decide not to make a second purchase (I wouldn't).
I find it hard to believe that was the normal fill level, though. Everyone expects it at least up to the start of the neck, I'd think.

I have many RazoRock splashes and your bottle is definitely low. Here is one I got last week. Looks like you lost some to shipping, but you would have smelled it in the box when you opened it. Send them a note and see what they say.

IMG_20201204_182341218.jpg

I have many RazoRock splashes and your bottle is definitely low.

are the Razorocks normally sealed?

mine wasnt. juat a screw top with an insert to form a lacklustre “seal”.

just wondering what is normal.
thanks

None of the bottles I got were sealed, just screwed on tight. I do have to say that I have never received one that was low like yours. I would send them a note.

Ugh.... my Black Friday order didn't all ship together, and I received the remainder yesterday from the same Vendor.

And similar result. two bottles of Fine aftershave leaked during shipment.
This time, both boxes were soaked, and also the packaging material of one.
Worst one lost about a full oz.; the other about 1/2oz.

Not good!

I think this vendor is new to the online sales game, and this is looking like a stumbling block right out of the gate.
<sigh>

Ugh.... my Black Friday order didn't all ship together, and I received the remainder yesterday from the same Vendor.

And similar result. two bottles of Fine aftershave leaked during shipment.
This time, both boxes were soaked, and also the packaging material of one.
Worst one lost about a full oz.; the other about 1/2oz.

Not good!

I think this vendor is new to the online sales game, and this is looking like a stumbling block right out of the gate.
<sigh>

Dude, I'm sorry, that's really frustrating. I wonder why some leak and some don't - I have never had a serious problem ordering through the mail but have heard stories like yours.

the vendor made it right - again.
I feel badly, but it *is* their responsibility to ship the product successfully.
I hope this experience prompts them to take a careful look at how they prepare liquids for shipment.

On the flip-side, I now have some Fine - Platinum and Barrister + Mann - Reserve Waves soaps on the way
as compensation...

Top Bottom