What's new

League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers

Here are my 2 mild shavers. The Oneblade Core is an occasional shaver- I don't get BBS with it, and only 2 comfy shaves with the blade, but it's so mild it puts the "safety" in razor. I love my 34c.
1 5 20.jpg

1 8 20.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Edwin Jagger DE86BL is currently the mildest razor in my rotation.
Used last with a Personna Platinum Chrome Israeli Red (2)

DSCF0013 - Edited (13).jpg

I've discovered another advantage to using a mild shaver. With my Feather AS-D2 I am able to successfully shave my entire face, including chin and upper lip against the grain, something that was problematic with other razors.

What is your favorite blade to use with a Feather AS-D2? I've tried several since purchasing this razor, and they all seem to perform well: GSB, Astra SP and Feather.

Not sure if I qualify. 30 years ago I switched from a Gillette adjustable (not sure which model) to a cartridge. What the heck was I thinking?

Now I’m back to DE with a Micro Touch One that my wife bought me at Wal Mart. It’s the only razor I own or use at this point. I’m told it’s a mild razor, but don’t have any experience with othe DE razors, so what do I know?

Blade? I’m still testing blades. So far the Astra looks the best, but I’ve not tried the Feather yet. I’ve gotta work up my courage for a blade that sharp.
3C25F03E-8242-468C-B0EB-C955645AF25C.jpeg

You might want to trying going back to a Gillette Slim Adjustable. It’s a mild razor even on the highest setting and will give you more choices.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Gillette ‘38-’45 Fat Handle Tech / Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌Chrome‌ ‌Israeli‌ ‌Red‌

DSCF0005 - Edited.jpg

IMG_20200515_190758.jpg

My Feather Popular is pretty mild and I really enjoy it. However my 1953 Tech is so mild that I had to really work at finding the angle where it cuts. So far, my favorite Mild Razor. I have a Vikings Blade Chieftain, but haven't tried it yet so I can't attest to it's aggression.

Top Bottom