What's new

League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers

I'm not a collector by any means. Started with one DE razor and just ended-up wanting to try a few other different models. I think all of mine are pretty mild shavers...

proxy.php

I wanted to try a slant and was pretty close to pulling the trigger on one, instead this came-up on the BST and I couldn't resist...

proxy.php

Have only used it once, and I won't wax poetic about my experience and results ... but I think I'll be selling-off most of my others in the near future. Count me in the club. :)

I'm not a collector by any means. Started with one DE razor and just ended-up wanting to try a few other different models. I think all of mine are pretty mild shavers...

proxy.php

I wanted to try a slant and was pretty close to pulling the trigger on one, instead this came-up on the BST and I couldn't resist...

proxy.php

Have only used it once, and I won't wax poetic about my experience and results ... but I think I'll be selling-off most of my others in the near future. Count me in the club. :)

Yep, those are pretty mild shavers. Hey, wait a minute... that Weber handle looks familiar.

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is one sweet looking flare tip!

It would be hard to get much milder than these

I used the one on the right for over 40 years. Does that count me in as someone who can join the club :001_smile

proxy.php

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
No razor burn = mild, yes?
Does this get me in?....
proxy.php
or a Slim on 9?

Last edited:
Yep, those are pretty mild shavers. Hey, wait a minute... that Weber handle looks familiar.
No doubt, but maybe it's just memories from another (life)time. :)

What is the black one?
A 1960 Flaretip. Original was nickel plated on brass. Since I'm allergic to nickel, I had it striped and Cerakoted Satin Black, (a baked-on ceramic paint).

That is one sweet looking flare tip!
Yeah, it looks great. Thank you. Jeff Forbush did the the finishing. It came out pretty nice... and I like it, but I think I might be letting it go pretty soon with one or two of my others. The AS-D1 was a game changer for me.

Morning all! Count me in as an LEMS member. I have two razors in my rotation. (four days in-a-row for each) The Futur is set on 2 and its been there for months. The Aristocrat G4 is on 5. For me, this setting feels like the Futur's 2. I'm lucky, Israeli Crystal Platinum Chrome blades are the blade-of-choice for both razors. The Futur handles the flats better than any razor I've tried. It does a good job on my chin, neck and above my Adam's Apple. The Aristocrat handles curves and swirls like a skier doing the Super G. It's made for my neck and chin. I find it easier to get a BBS with the Aristocrat. Both consistently deliver a DFS. As with the rest of us, I want my whiskers gone and my skin untouched. Later, Bob...

Muehle r89 - mild right? I would think so, but my newb self doesnt exactly get a mild shave, i'll add a pic later.

@ RobE...........can't say I've ever seen a black TV Special before. Very nice.

As my technique improved I found I could get the job done with more comfort using a milder tool.
attachment.php

@ RobE...........can't say I've ever seen a black TV Special before. Very nice...

@ Copierguy ... Thank You! Can't say I've ever heard the term TV Special in reference to these things. Shows how green I am. :)

@ Foyle ... LEMS huh? Does this mean we're all LEMings? Cause if that's the case I dunno... :001_unsur

I'm not a member yet, but all these lovely pictures of the techs, rockets and super speeds tempt me to pull those razors from my collection and put them into the rotation! Hopefully soon!

Top Bottom