What's new

Leaf Twig / Thorn Elite Stainless Steel edition

It looks like Italian Barber has one called the “Eco”. But you have to search for the name. I’ve Not been able to find it by looking under safety razors.
Yeah the Eco head is large and I actually have 2 already. Wish they had a Hawk style head that takes split blades like the Eco does.

What is Stando?
This

And this

This

And this
Thanks. Looks nice but almost double than something Razorock would charge for a similar SE in SS. Just wish they did a split DE version of the Hawk V3 SB or OC.

Thanks. Looks nice but almost double than something Razorock would charge for a similar SE in SS. Just wish they did a split DE version of the Hawk V3 SB or OC.
The StandoPolska razors are handmade in Poland. I've read that the quality is off the charts. I don't think they can really be compared to Razorock. I've got them on my eventual "to buy" list!

Yeah the Eco head is large and I actually have 2 already. Wish they had a Hawk style head that takes split blades like the Eco does.
Ya the eco head is rather large and unnecessary..there's enough space in the for an entire double edge blade..plus the edges are rough as hell..they should def make a new eco with a SS hawk head..just a thought..

Ya the eco head is rather large and unnecessary..there's enough space in the for an entire double edge blade..plus the edges are rough as hell..they should def make a new eco with a SS hawk head..just a thought..
Thanks now there’s at least 2 of us that want RR to redesign the ECO head to be more like the Hawk.

Yeah!!!! This is starting to gain traction!!! 😂😂😂
Me too, though I did break down and ordered a Stando Prowe with a Lanca handle.

I've used the Hawk Eco for a head shave and it worked great, but if the Stando performs as I'm hoping, the Eco will be sold. I would have preferred a stainless steel Razorock half-blade razor, though, with a smaller head...and a smaller price tag.

Me too, though I did break down and ordered a Stando Prowe with a Lanca handle.

I've used the Hawk Eco for a head shave and it worked great, but if the Stando performs as I'm hoping, the Eco will be sold. I would have preferred a stainless steel Razorock half-blade razor, though, with a smaller head...and a smaller price tag.
Please post the results of the Prowe as I still want to wait and see if he makes a more aggressive version.

I am also curious if anybody here owns a Twig/Thorn Elite. Seems like they’d start popping up in reviews/SOTD posts/BST but I haven’t seen anything.

Edit: I just did some googling and found this video from subieshaves. Looks like they had some problems getting production figured out and they only made 25 of them.

Last edited:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Kind of neat how it opens but I wish they would have kept the original way it opened when they had the prototype plastic model, where it just lifted up instead of rotated. Something feels flimsy about the mechanism and I’m skeptical it won’t break in a few years of use.

View attachment 1476525

Check out the original prototype version. Wish they still made this version:

Just as an interesting side note, a legendary and rare antique razor called the "Rythmic Razor" also uses a similar lift+rotation mechanism and has worked well for many years.

The "Rythmic Razor" uses full DE blades, which may look crazy but are said to give a great shave.
There is a thread in B&B.
Rythmic Razor - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/rythmic-razor.534090/

We need to worry more about the frame-type head, which may not be able to withstand drops and impacts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom