What's new

Leaf Twig / Thorn Elite Stainless Steel edition

Forgive me if this has been posted before but I searched and didn’t find anything discussing this. Anyone aware that Leaf has a pre order for both the Leaf and Twig/Thorn razors in Stainless Steel? Not sure when the pre order started, but it’s supposed to be shipping mid July.

Looks like the Twig/Thorn will be one razor with an extra baseplate and tool to be able to switch out between the two versions. I wonder if this tool and plate will be offered for the non SS version eventually? Any thoughts?

My question, not answered, is weight. These things are supposed to be bottom heavy to start with, if the handle is machined out of block then it's going to be really heavy in that shape. That might also explain the price. I also wonder how they are manufacturing those tiny head pieces to look so similar to the cast pieces, possible more money. Interested, but not buying.

My question, not answered, is weight. These things are supposed to be bottom heavy to start with, if the handle is machined out of block then it's going to be really heavy in that shape. That might also explain the price. I also wonder how they are manufacturing those tiny head pieces to look so similar to the cast pieces, possible more money. Interested, but not buying.
The handle of the Twig is mostly hollow. Not sure if the Leaf is the same.

I can’t imagine it is. I bought a “mercury “ leaf a few days before I found out about the ss leaf. It’s weighty.
I can’t imagine it is. I bought a “mercury “ leaf a few days before I found out about the ss leaf. It’s weighty.
The regular Twig isn’t super light but it is at least partly hollow. The bottom 1/3 of the handle is what rotates to open the head and that’s completely hollow. They remainder 2/3 has to be at least partially hollow to allow the rod that connects to the head to allow it to rotate.

In the pic below the red lines delineate the hollow knob 1/3 of the razor.

7E5306E2-21D4-4B2B-943B-37CFCB346C80.jpeg
A897D794-2A4B-495B-A0D2-41BA7FD082DB.jpeg

Kind of neat how it opens but I wish they would have kept the original way it opened when they had the prototype plastic model, where it just lifted up instead of rotated. Something feels flimsy about the mechanism and I’m skeptical it won’t break in a few years of use.

7D0469D6-072B-4E3E-837D-4D68469E64D0.jpeg

Check out the original prototype version. Wish they still made this version:

Last edited:
Makes your Athena guilt feel more and more like a smart purchase!?
Right. Without the mahogany box, what would the Athena cost? I’ll give the leaf credit for more/more complex parts. That’s it. I’d really love for someone to compare this favorably to ≈200USD razors.

I have the both the regular leaf twig and the twig- thorn. The Leaf thorn gives me a perfect shave every single time. I could imagine the stainless version would give a awesome shave..At the same time I'm not going to buy it, I hate the looks and the twist mechanism with a passion.. I almost hate that I love the way This thing shaves . I wish razorock or blackland would make razor with a twig like head that uses half DE blades, that looks like a proper DE razor..

Last edited:
I have the both the regular leaf twig and the twig- thorn. The Leaf thorn gives me a perfect shave every single time. I could imagine the stainless version would give a awesome shave..At the same time I'm not going to buy it, I hate the looks and the twist mechanism with a passion.. I almost hate that I love the way This thing shaves . I wish razorock or blackland would make razor with a twig like head that uses half DE blades, that looks like a proper DE razor..
Yeah, I still wish RR made a Hawk version that used split DE blades not AC style blades that cost a fortune

Yeah, I still wish RR made a Hawk version that used split DE blades not AC style blades that cost a fortune

It looks like Italian Barber has one called the “Eco”. But you have to search for the name. I’ve Not been able to find it by looking under safety razors.

Top Bottom