What's new

Leaf Razor

Day 5:

Gillette Silver Blue; First in the mid and aggressive slots, then mild and mid slots for clean up.

It was a perfect BBS shave, but I have a sense that these blades are overkill for this razor. I am going to see how many days this blade is good for, then I will try a Derby. I am sensing that this is a premium, yet economy razor.

Day 5:
My shaves are going so well that it's getting boring. Tomorrow I will try to shave with a broken beer bottle. That still counts as a single edge...right?

I have done a search and cannot find out what metal alloy is used to manufacture this razor. A very interesting razor, for sure. However, if it's some sort of zamak and the threads corrode out in a year or two, well, I'd feel a bit cheated for $75. If, OTOH, it lasts forever as long as you are careful and take care of it, it would be a great bargain.

If it was made of anything but Zamac it would say on their website. There is absolutely no mention of material other than finishes which are chrome, which would lead me to believe Zamac as well...

On one hand this would be good to use up my stash of DE razor blades that have been gathering dust since I switched to SE razors full time.

On the other hand, curses for feeding my acquisition disorder. Another razor I must have to calm the beast within. :001_302:

Well at least this one made it into production! I thought the Beluga looked interesting design wise but I haven't heard anymore about it.I may get one of these after all. Pretty cool design. I think my wife would totally dig it!

Not available in Canada? Well that sucks. This would have been great for my wife. I have so many unused DE blades since moving over to GEM style razors.

MMOC, Clog-Pruf, Feather Weight, G-Bar, Pushbutton.
So far I have used the G-Bar the last few weeks and like it a lot
Nice. Out of the ones you have I only have the MMOC and it's a great shaver. I have a few 1912's and a ER 1907 and 1924.
The G-Bar is one good looking razor.

This might be a good gateway razor to get the wives and girlfriends into more traditional shaving. Perhaps? I got my wife a lady Gillette and she likes that and my Merkur 23c or 180 or whatever they changed the name to recently. But I think she would really like this one a lot!

Well at least this one made it into production! I thought the Beluga looked interesting design wise but I haven't heard anymore about it.I may get one of these after all. Pretty cool design. I think my wife would totally dig it!
My guess would be this...

NOTE: You are pre-ordering the Beluga Razor which has an expected ship date of late first quarter 2017. Before ordering, Please click-to-agree that you have read our Pre-order Terms in our Terms section.

As well the original release date was July 2015....

We are in late 1st quarter 2018 so I'm guessing they didn't hit their mark!! They must be being made in the same factory as the Rockwell Model-T!!

Last edited:
I have done a search and cannot find out what metal alloy is used to manufacture this razor. A very interesting razor, for sure. However, if it's some sort of zamak and the threads corrode out in a year or two, well, I'd feel a bit cheated for $75. If, OTOH, it lasts forever as long as you are careful and take care of it, it would be a great bargain.
LEAF just sent me this eMail today 4/3/2018
The body of the razor is a zinc alloy, plated with Chrome. The small bits in the head of the razor are stainless steel for strength and durability.

let me know if I can help with anything else!

Adam

THIS IS THE METAL THAT IS USED ON THE LEAF SHAVE RAZOR. I just got this answer from them today.

The body of the razor is a zinc alloy, plated with Chrome. The small bits in the head of the razor are stainless steel for strength and durability.

let me know if I can help with anything else!

Adam

Top Bottom