What's new

Leaf razor THORN finish

I just got a Thorn yesterday, I do have a Leaf 3 blade and a Twig (golden) that is just too mild.

As soon as I opened this new Thorn, I noticed the upper bar was not normal. It is not smooth, it shows something like "mini teeth", some rough markings, not sure if its casting bridges or the finish applied was bubbly??? The open and closing mechanism is not as smooth as the Twig.

People rave about these razors....here is the finis on mine: check the upper bar......those protuberances.....not to mention the uneven coating.

My two trillion dollar question: are all finished like this, or did I get the chainsaw....the one w no QC.......

Thanks for your candid opinion.....

Attachments

• PXL_20230206_231200203.jpg
    PXL_20230206_231200203.jpg
    788.4 KB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20230206_231225249.jpg
    PXL_20230206_231225249.jpg
    924.8 KB · Views: 88

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If you bought it new I would contact either the seller or the manufacturer and ask the question about the final finish of the razor. I would not be happy with it if I had bought it new.

If you bought it new I would contact either the seller or the manufacturer and ask the question about the final finish of the razor. I would not be happy with it if I had bought it new.
I emailed both the producer and seller, now will wait and see what happens.

I just got a Thorn yesterday, I do have a Leaf 3 blade and a Twig (golden) that is just too mild.

As soon as I opened this new Thorn, I noticed the upper bar was not normal. It is not smooth, it shows something like "mini teeth", some rough markings, not sure if its casting bridges or the finish applied was bubbly??? The open and closing mechanism is not as smooth as the Twig.

People rave about these razors....here is the finis on mine: check the upper bar......those protuberances.....not to mention the uneven coating.

My two trillion dollar question: are all finished like this, or did I get the chainsaw....the one w no QC.......

Thanks for your candid opinion.....

I have both the regular twig and the thorn.. I had the same issue with the open and close Mechanism on the thorn. The way the regular leaf twig opens and closes is so much smoother than the thorn. My original thorn broke and was REPLACED, and the replacement thorn is just as rough as the original thorn. It doesn't affect the shave at all though which is good.. THE FINISH on all of the leaf razors I received has been good though. On a side note Leaf has great customer service, they replaced my broken thorn extremely quickly and all it took was a single picture and email.

Top Bottom