What's new

Leaf - Is this normal?

I noticed my leaf has some blade slanting after tightening. Is this normal? The middle blade seems to be the only one that collects hair underneath.
20221101_024939.jpg

Update. This is the new one. It still doesn't line up perfectly, but it's a lot closer. I can definitely tell a difference. I nicked a mole today that the old one never did, not that that's good, but it shows it's definitely more aggressive.
20221110_111406.jpg

My thinking is, if you're nicking a mole, it's the wrong kind of razor for you. Then again, I wouldn't go near a design like that in any event, mole or not. Glad they sent you another though, at least they did the right thing.

I have a Leaf, but have never looked at it that closely. The magnets are supposed to hold the blades in position, but it is still up to the user to make sure the blades are fully forward. It is possible to misalign the blades.

As I recall, and will verify, you must push each blade forward before tightening it up

I just loaded mine with three blades, and it looked like the top one was very slightly misaligned with the top cap, almost imperceptible, at least for my surgically-repaired, 65 year-old eyes.

I dropped each blade onto the magnets and tried to move them within the restraining posts, and got a very slight movement, but nothing that was enough to make a huge difference in alignment.

Last thing I can add is that I have never used the razor on my face, but it has performed exceptionally on my head shaves.

My thinking is, if you're nicking a mole, it's the wrong kind of razor for you. Then again, I wouldn't go near a design like that in any event, mole or not. Glad they sent you another though, at least they did the right thing.
I can always take out a blade or two to make it less aggressive if it keeps doing that.

I don't know a thing about that company's razors other than seeing them discussed here. Just curious, have you used something like an old ball end Tech or one of the mild modern razors?
Never used a tech. I have a bunch of vintage Gilletttes that I don't really use anymore. I have a 6c and it's great, but this is super fast. I use it on my head. Less time I have to spend in the morning. Works really good against the grain and that's not easy for me.

I have a Leaf, but have never looked at it that closely. The magnets are supposed to hold the blades in position, but it is still up to the user to make sure the blades are fully forward. It is possible to misalign the blades.

As I recall, and will verify, you must push each blade forward before tightening it up
Yea, if it's not in the tabs right, it looks very off. I made sure they were in right. This first one just seemed to have too much play in it and when tightened, it seemed to contort it. I've tried to hold them straight while tightening, but it didn't help much.

I think Leaf needs to reevaluate their designs and make serious improvements. I have the Twig and the problem with that razor is that it’s very easy to accidentally twist it open while shaving!

That looks very wrong.

I've been using my Leaf for over 2 years and haven't noticed any alignment issues. However, I only use the top and bottom slots now. I had all 3 loaded w/ Pol Si(I also tried KAIs) and that was the only time I have known it to be aggressive. I now only use milder blades and their equivalent in it.

I absolutely love it for head shaves-main reason I purchased it besides getting away from the Shcik 3 Extreme and being able to use up some of my blade stash.

The Leaf can be fiddly when loading, especially since we are using snapped blades but if you take your time w/blade placement, it works well.

marty

Top Bottom