What's new

LEA shaving sticks

I tried it yesterday (the one without tallow). It is very good. Quite similar results to the Palmolive. Good long lasting BBS with a bit of irritation. I have never been a stick guy though.

So it looks like LEA has a new or at least to me new formulation. In Spain right now most supermarkets have the LEA shave stick in the non tallow formulation. See below
proxy.php
proxy.php

I picked up a few of these but in one pharmacy I saw the older tallow sticks but they only had 2 so I bought those

proxy.php
proxy.php

I tried the new non tallow formula yesterday and it was pretty decent but nothing to shout about

Looks like I have another version of the LEA stick! does anyone know what the differences are between the two vegan variants LEA ?

Looks like I have another version of the LEA stick! does anyone know what the differences are between the two vegan variants LEA ?

@alin
Thanks for posting it, that looks very interesting indeed, the new ingredients list looks similar to the one used by La Toja, which is Coconut Oil and Stearic Acid based and is one of the best shaving sticks out there.

If you don't mind me asking, when/where did you buy your Lea stick from?

You're right, @zoidberg !
It seems that La Toja and LEA use about the same ingredients here and probably the excellent performance of new LEA stick formulas. La Toja do not use lanolina.
I bought this version of the LEA stick from Romania in March-April.

You're right, @zoidberg !
It seems that La Toja and LEA use about the same ingredients here and probably the excellent performance of new LEA stick formulas. La Toja do not use lanolina.

How do you find La Toja? I find it to be a superb performer.

I asked the proprietor of Connaught Shaving whether he stoked the new reformulation and he does, which may be of interest to UK based members of this forum.

How do you find La Toja? I find it to be a superb performer.

I asked the proprietor of Connaught Shaving whether he stoked the new reformulation and he does, which may be of interest to UK based members of this forum.

I just received one of the new LEA shave sticks from Connaught, along with all three LEA shave creams, both Palmolive shave creams, and a few other items. Couldn't resist the clearance sale.

I thought the old tallow LEA stick was great, and I'll report back after using the new stick a few times (which unfortunately might be a while with all the new products).

I just received one of the new LEA shave sticks from Connaught, along with all three LEA shave creams, both Palmolive shave creams, and a few other items. Couldn't resist the clearance sale.

I thought the old tallow LEA stick was great, and I'll report back after using the new stick a few times (which unfortunately might be a while with all the new products).

I also took a little too much pleasure in the bounty of the Connaught sale.

The Lea and Palmolive creams are some of my favourites, I hope you enjoy them and please write back of your experiences of the new Lea stick.

I also took a little too much pleasure in the bounty of the Connaught sale.

The Lea and Palmolive creams are some of my favourites, I hope you enjoy them and please write back of your experiences of the new Lea stick.

I tried the Lea Classic cream today. Mild soapy-sandalwoody scent (I prefer mild scent), nice slickness, cooling menthol, and an all-around very comfortable DFS shave with a nice moisturized aftershave feel. Used my trusty Rockwell 6S (R4), Personna Lab blade, and face lathering with my L'Occitane Cade brush. Recommended.

Note also that I'm very sensitive, and often get bad reactions to new soaps and creams, but all was good with the Lea Classic (I also had no issues with the old Lea shave stick). Only warning is that it contains lanolin if you happen to be allergic.

I'll likely try the remaining Lea and Palmolive creams before I get to the new shave stick, as I generally prefer creams, but find shave sticks great when traveling.

I additionally hope Paul at Connaught works out his post-Brexit EU supply issues. While I generally order American as I'm in the US, Connaught is a reliable and well-priced vendor.

Top Bottom