What's new

LEA shaving sticks

So it looks like LEA has a new or at least to me new formulation. In Spain right now most supermarkets have the LEA shave stick in the non tallow formulation. See below
proxy.php
proxy.php

I picked up a few of these but in one pharmacy I saw the older tallow sticks but they only had 2 so I bought those

proxy.php
proxy.php

I haven’t been able to compare them yet but if anyone has tried both I’d be interested to hear your opinions .

I tried the new non tallow formula yesterday and it was pretty decent but nothing to shout about

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that the EU has changed some of their regulations and a lot of tallow containing products must be reformulated to remove the Tallow. This has happened to Hasslinger soaps also so I’m not surprised.

Not sure Haslinger removed Tallow from its soaps due to new EU regulations. It was due to a wider family philosophy that had existed in many of its other products and was finally extended to their soap line. At least that was the line from Haslinger!

I've used the tallow version once or twice and was really impressed.
I then bought a second one so I could grate a used it in a tub. How disappointed was I when I discovered the formulation has changed.

I shaved with it and I agree is a middle of the road soap.

I just finished one of the older versions, and it was great. I have a couple of the new ones, but I don’t think I have tried it yet. I’ll have to take a look back. If not, I will do a comparison shave this weekend.

LEA and BEA were superb tallow shave sticks, let's hope they didn't ruin the lather... ERASMIC went to a veg stick called ERASMIC SUPREME, and it really was ! .... Sadly the brand was sold and the latest formula is real crap...

LEA and BEA were superb tallow shave sticks, let's hope they didn't ruin the lather... ERASMIC went to a veg stick called ERASMIC SUPREME, and it really was ! .... Sadly the brand was sold and the latest formula is real crap...

The Erasmic Supreme stick smells exactly like the bowl soap version and also lathers great. The older tallow versions were rotten.

Rick

I had my first shave with the latest iteration of the LEA stick this morning. Both of my sticks had fresh cut ends, so I am sure this was my first shave with the veggie version. The scent remains fresh and light, but less floral than the tallow stick I bought in Barcelona in 2011. The tallow stick provided a much denser and slicker lather. This stick might perform better with repeated use, so I’ll reserve final judgement until I use the full stick, but the first lather was underwhelming.

Well I have the new formula and it performs really good for me! I can’t compare it to the old formula but I had a bit of problems the first time I used it. After the second use it became very good! No doubt that the tallow formula must have been awsome cause to me the new formula is very good.

I’m hoping repeated use hydrates the stick and gives greater results. Despite missing tallow, it does have lanolin, and all of the soaps and creams with lanolin I’ve used have been keepers.

i wasn't fond of the scent of the Tallow'd Lea, and Bea but they performed well, I just didn't restock. I've been happy enough sticking Speick, Hasslingers, Mike's, and the Fat for road trips.

I had two more shaves this weekend with the new LEA stick. Much better than the first lather, but not quite up to the tallow lather. The scent is definitely different, greener. I equate this stick with Palmolive.

I will be grating the LEA sticks into a tub once the weather gets cooler. Right now I’m still using my summer soaps for the next couple weeks .

I have a circa-2014 tallow version of the Lea stick and am very happy with it. It’s not on par with Valobra or La Toja, but delivers a very good lather.

I bought this stick in a supermarket in Malaga (Mercadona) for 1+ euros, what a steal!

Yeah the cheapest I found it was for 1€ each in a supermarket . But I only found 1 of the old tallow formula

Top Bottom