What's new

Lea shaving creams - How is it?

Sorry to ask but what is the difference between the one in the Pro big tube and the smaller sensitive one? I thought they were the same product but the Pro was just a greater volume.

I've used the one in the smaller tube and the menthol one, the latter is good but I find myself reaching for my tube of Palmolive Menthol more.

That’s correct. The big Pro tube, and smaller tubes in white are the same. The green has mild menthol.
The silver tube, and can (classic) seems a bit more “refined” in scent and texture, and has strong menthol.
They all perform very well, and I rate the Lea Green as one of my personal favourites.
I did not care for the classic line hard soaps as much, but the stick is good.

Last edited:
So, what do you folks call all the versions, anyways?
I’ve only referred to the three versions as Lea cream, Lea menthol cream, and Classic Line cream....
Is there a more correct naming system?

So, what do you folks call all the versions, anyways?
I’ve only referred to the three versions as Lea cream, Lea menthol cream, and Classic Line cream....
Is there a more correct naming system?
I think you have it right, there is a LEA Sensitive, too. I have the aftershave balm that matches that one.

The Professional is a huge tube, but otherwise the same as the standard LEA.

1614327830641.png

I was thinking of trying the Classic in the tub - can anyone comment on that? What is the scent like, also? Thanks.
There is both a cream and a soap available in the tub. Nice quality cream with lanolin and some other skin conditioning ingredients. Scent is in the Euro barbershop category, a woody & mossy scent, not overbearing. There is menthol, but a fairly mild amount. Soothing post shave feel.

I got a tube of the classic around 10 days ago. Shaved with it once. It was acceptable, especially for the price. But I have so many other creams with better performance and better scent that I’m thinking of passing the Lea along to someone who might want it.

The Palmolive that arrived the same week is a keeper though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Lea's products I tried Lea Mendolada shaving cream. The smell is not intrusive, menthol is almost not felt. Alas, sliding is almost absent. Which is very important to me. Therefore, I do not recommend this cream. The shaving cream Tabac Original is much better.

Sensitive is a different formula. The PRO is the same as the original LEA cream, but a much better value.

I recently acquired the Lea Professional Cream in the 250ml tube, and I've only used it once but I'm very pleased with it so far. I used to own the Lea Sensitive (but finished it) and if my memory serves me right, I recall the Sensitive version was slightly stronger in scent, a stronger marine scent with the Professional one milder in scent.

One things for sure though, the 250ml might seem large when you see pictures of it online but in the flesh it is absolutely enormous.

I think it could last a good 6 months of daily use!

I totally disagree , tabac shave cream sucks tabac soap is great.

Lea creams are very good , better then Turkish creams for only a few penny's more .

[QUOTE = "DETROIT HYE, сообщение: 11190004, участник: 132751"]
Я категорически не согласен, крем для бритья с табаком - это прекрасно.

Кремы Lea очень хороши, лучше турецких кремов всего на несколько копеек дороже.
[/ ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

Между Арко и Леа не было большой разницы. Единственная разница между Arco Максимальный комфорт - это в том, что он имеет скользящий уровень мыла для бритья Prorazo.

[QUOTE = "DETROIT HYE, сообщение: 11190004, участник: 132751"]
Я категорически не согласен, крем для бритья с табаком - это прекрасно.

Кремы Lea очень хороши, лучше турецких кремов всего на несколько копеек дороже.
[/ ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

Между Арко и Леа не было большой разницы. Единственная разница между Arco Максимальный комфорт - это в том, что он имеет скользящий уровень мыла для бритья Prorazo.

Sorry I don't speak Russian, can you speak the kings English the preferred linguia franca of badger And blade ?

I have LEA classic shaving cream (in aluminum container), but do not care for it.
It often produces sticky lather.
I acknowledge any forthcoming advice about lathering this cream.

...It often produces sticky lather...
The cream contains lanolin. Try using more water. You won't get a real thick lather, but it should be slicker. Best results for me were face lathering, applying half the cream to a wet face, the other half massaged into the brush, adding water three times while building the lather.

Top Bottom