What's new

Lea menthol cream in tube. Any comments?

Saw this for cheap on connaught.

How is the menthol kick and slickness compared to proraso and godrej?

lea ment.png

Tremendous menthol, ice cold, and a great slick cream! Been out of stock in the places I order from for quite awhile, but as soon as I see it I'll be buying many to keep around! If you found it cheap, get a few, you won't regret it!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I received a Lea tube sample included with my purchase from a vendor a while back. I gave it a try and, well, it was seriously one of the worst shaves I've ever had. I tried it a couple more times thinking it might be a fluke but the (poor) results were repeatable. I think it may have been the menthol not agreeing with my face.

Great performance. Better than Proraso and Godrej. It has a very unique scent to me that I’m still on the fence about. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an old tube of Lea Menthol. I loved it. It was colder than Proraso, Palmolive Menthol, and about even with Godrej. It's an underrated cream.

I just got a tube today but wound up shaving with one of the samples from Black Ship Grooming instead. It's scheduled for day after tomorrow. I am not a huge fan of menthol but I thought I'd try it? I did rub a dab on my hand to smell it but it seems as close to odorless as you can get? We shall see...

It’s very nicely scented with great lather and plenty of menthol chill to it. Its pretty good in the postshave care also.

Rick

I don't like menthol. So, on my last visit to Europe I bought a large tube of regular Lea cream. It's a great cream. Easy to lather. And cheap!

Forgot to get back here with my take on the LEA shave but now I've used it several times so...

The lather and slickness are excellent. Maybe not as good as (*fill in your favorite*) but definitely top tier. The scent, as I mentioned before, is disappointing because it is so faint. I don't rely on a soap to leave a fragrance that lingers more than 5 minutes, but I wish this one was stronger so I could just tell if I might want the A/S? I can get enough of a trace to tell that it doesn't smell BAD, so I think going for the A/S would not be a gamble. That's the best I can say about the scent.

The degree of menthol is perfect for me - definitely "there" but no where near "arctic", as seems to be the rage among many? I would have to disagree slightly with a poster in that I DO feel the level of menthol is comparable to Proraso (green). Suffice to say, if you like the amount of menthol in Proraso, you're not going to be shocked or upset about LEA.

All in all, the cream is definitely worth getting and the aluminum-looking tube is old school and very cool.

There is a soapy minty scent. It smells quite natural. To me it is the best mentholated cream in this price range. Better than Proraso or Palmolive. Not by far but sure a tad better. It is very slick and protective. It does not clog my futur or my Walbusch vintage slant. It is a cheap cream with a scent which is present through the shave. It is locally available in my Country.
A big thump up for me.

My LEA Professional 250mg ran out and Connaught is out-of-stock.

I would like to know if LEA Mentholated shaving cream smells and shaves the same as the regular/big LEA apart from the addition of menthol?

And is the level of menthol about the same as LEA Classic shaving cream?

Thanks.

I have both and while the Menthol hit is pretty similar between the Classic and Mentol, I’d say the Menthol cream has just a bit more. Not very much, but I do sense a difference. The Classic beats it hands down in the scent department though.

I have both and while the Menthol hit is pretty similar between the Classic and Mentol, I’d say the Menthol cream has just a bit more. Not very much, but I do sense a difference. The Classic beats it hands down in the scent department though.

Thank you so much for sharing your usage experience!

I have the LEA Classic and LEA Professional. I like both different scents and I would be happy with not much more menthol above the Classic's.

I would like to know if LEA Mentholated shaving cream smells and shaves the same as the regular/big LEA apart from the addition of menthol?

Thanks.

Are you UK based? If you are then there are other sellers that stock the 250g tube, Gemstone Trading & Agent Shave.

Thanks.

The Lea Classic has an entirely different scent than the Menthol version. It has a cooling sensation also but not as strong. On the other hand it’s got a more comfortable postshave feeling than the Menthol cream, at least to me.

Rick

The Lea Classic has an entirely different scent than the Menthol version. It has a cooling sensation also but not as strong. On the other hand it’s got a more comfortable postshave feeling than the Menthol cream, at least to me.

Rick

Hello Rick. Thank you for sharing.

I have the Lea Classic and I like the scent and postshave feel too. But being a guy who does not fancy strong menthol, the Lea Classic's menthol strength is just about right for me and maybe not stronger than that. :)

Hello Rick. Thank you for sharing.

I have the Lea Classic and I like the scent and postshave feel too. But being a guy who does not fancy strong menthol, the Lea Classic's menthol strength is just about right for me and maybe not stronger than that. :)

I understand. Strong menthol is not for everybody. I myself love it but I know other guys who can’t even stand something as mild as Arko Moist. :)

Rick

Top Bottom