What's new

Lea, difference between soap in wooden bowl and 'cream' in metal tin?

Checked the forum and found about Lea sticks but didn't see this question.

Clearly one is called a soap by Lea and the other a cream. The ingredient list (as far as I could see) and the scent description seem the same.

Is it the same product in a different container? Or is one indeed a cream/croap and the other a hard soap? Any preferences between these two?

Weird!

Wood bowl has a 100g like the replacement puck, tin is 150g. So yeah, would make ya think deferent product type?

Buy both, and let us know.

Their sticks are great, and one of my favorites. Easily in the Tabac shave quality range, without the Tabac funk.

@ Clay S
The 7.5 euro cream price does include the tin while the 6 duro is for the puck of, presumably, hard soap. It would probably make sense that hard soap that needs more curing is more expensive. I am intrigued by the cream tin that nobody seems to have used. The soap seems the save bet though.

@ Clay S
The 7.5 euro cream price does include the tin while the 6 duro is for the puck of, presumably, hard soap. It would probably make sense that hard soap that needs more curing is more expensive. I am intrigued by the cream tin that nobody seems to have used. The soap seems the save bet though.

I've just used it with Feather DX and the shave was BBS. Not at SMN's level but I prefer it to LEA or La Toja in tubes. I don't mind getting a few more jars before I leave Spain.

The LEA hard puck is a strange soap. The first few shaves were good, but after that i couldnt get a stable lather no matter what i did. Tried different brushes and loading time, water, etc. Scent is great so grated some of the puck and made a frankensoap.

The LEA hard puck is a strange soap. The first few shaves were good, but after that i couldnt get a stable lather no matter what i did. Tried different brushes and loading time, water, etc. Scent is great so grated some of the puck and made a frankensoap.

That's very odd.
Do you have the tallow or veggie version?

That's very odd.
Do you have the tallow or veggie version?

I'm not sure since i got rid of the box. Picked it up from Maggards a few years ago.

This situation is VERY strange indeed. Have tried somewhere around 300 different soaps, and have yet to experience anything quite like this. The 1st few lathers were great, but after that its been nothing but bubbles. There was another person on the fourms that had the same problem, so perhaps it was a bad batch or something. Its too bad as the scent is decent, especially for a triple milled soap where most are rather lightly scented (accept for Tabac) but this one is quite strong.

I have the exact same issue with the puck. I believe it’s the Lea classic puck but would have to confirm what I have.

I was also getting really bubbley lather. I have found you have to load it, then load some more, then when you think you’ve over-loaded it, load it a bit more. I found that more product has helped to stabilize the lather.

I'm not sure since i got rid of the box. Picked it up from Maggards a few years ago.

This situation is VERY strange indeed. Have tried somewhere around 300 different soaps, and have yet to experience anything quite like this. The 1st few lathers were great, but after that its been nothing but bubbles. There was another person on the fourms that had the same problem, so perhaps it was a bad batch or something. Its too bad as the scent is decent, especially for a triple milled soap where most are rather lightly scented (accept for Tabac) but this one is quite strong.

I have the exact same issue with the puck. I believe it’s the Lea classic puck but would have to confirm what I have.

I was also getting really bubbley lather. I have found you have to load it, then load some more, then when you think you’ve over-loaded it, load it a bit more. I found that more product has helped to stabilize the lather.

When I load LEA classic puck, it's always bubbly but this is where I find it unique on that once I work it on my face, it thickens up and then I add water as needed.

I suppose one could just overload on tree puck on order to thicken it up prior to face lathering.

Top Bottom