What's new

Lea Classic Shaving Soap

Its also available at Yourshaving.com, I ordered a refill puck earlier today.

The current Lea shave stick is my favourite stick, so I have high hopes for the puck.

Difficult to leather and IMO not as good as MWF.
....My first shave was the same.I was using a stiff Semogue Owners Club silvertip.Tomorrow I will use a softer ,denser silvertip and distilled water,sure hope that does the trick !

....My first shave was the same.I was using a stiff Semogue Owners Club silvertip.Tomorrow I will use a softer ,denser silvertip and distilled water,sure hope that does the trick !

Not sure about softer hair, but distilled water will certainly help. Don`t expect thick, copious lather. It`s a bit thinner but very slick and still protective. Post shave is amazing.

I like subtle cooling effect i got from LEA, but leathering is very difficult. Finicky soap indeed!

Second shave today.Dense 24mm silvertip,distilled water,and floated hot distilled water on the puck.I also used less water,and this combo helped.Still not dense thick creamy lather,in fact ,it was not much better than the stick,and inferior to the fantastic Lea Professional cream.I will try again,with even less water,and maybe rub the puck over the beard before lathering.A shaving soap in this price range should be better IMHO...I also plan to compare it with their least expensive product,the Bea stick....The Classic puck does have a nice touch of menthol,enough to just barely feel it.

My refill puck arrived today, i just did a test face lather.

- loads and lathers very easily
- thick creamy slick shiny lather
- subtle scent
- mild menthol
- face feels smooth after removing the lather, doesn't dry skin out.

To me it acts pretty much the same as MWF, except the scent is different and you can just about feel the light menthol in the lather.

For the price, approx £5 it is around the same as MWF. All in all great stuff.

For the record i use cold water (hard water area) and face lather with a TGN 26x48 Finest 2-Band brush.

So for me MWF/Lea Classic/Lea stick (current version) are all excellent, with differences in scent (all subtle scents) and the classic with light menthol.

Last edited:
To me it acts pretty much the same as MWF, except the scent is different and you can just about feel the light menthol in the lather.
LEA is difficult to leather and finicky to me, but MWF not so... Indeed those are very similar soaps but with different scent + subtle cooling effect on LEA side. LEA is also very hard soap, so loading time should be prolonged.

LEA is difficult to leather and finicky to me, but MWF not so... Indeed those are very similar soaps but with different scent + subtle cooling effect on LEA side. LEA is also very hard soap, so loading time should be prolonged.

Yes, i load MWF & Lea (Classic and grated sticks) for longer, like i do with other hard triple milled soaps like TOBS & D R Harris.

I have the veggie version. It's probably my favorite stick so far, but in the grand scheme of things it's not all that remarkable. I suspect I would have preferred the tallow version.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have lea cream in a metal tin . Bought last summer. Like it very much. Was going to use it today but couldn't find it.

I have the LEA Classic puck that I made into a stick using an old stick deodorant container once I had used up a fair amount and wanted to reuse the container it was in for a new soap. Particularly as a stick, it lathers easily and produces a thick, protective lather. The scent is (as others have said) unexciting, but the light menthol and lanolin leave you with a very pleasant after shave experience.

For me, LEA creams are terrific performers. The puck and the stick, on the other hand, are not.

What issues did you have with the puck?

I ask only because I get a very easy lather from it but it does require counter intuitive method.

When I load the brush, it's all foamy. I work it on my face until it thickens up and then I start adding water and working it more. Works great!

What issues did you have with the puck?

I ask only because I get a very easy lather from it but it does require counter intuitive method.

When I load the brush, it's all foamy. I work it on my face until it thickens up and then I start adding water and working it more. Works great!

The puck and stick lather just fine, but I get a different, much better quality lather from the creams.

Top Bottom