What's new

Le Tour de France - 2017

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
tour.png
Way to go Froome...you're in exalted company (Jacques Anquetil, Eddy Merckx, Bernard Hinault and Miquel Indurain...[all of Armstrong's seven (7) titles are expunged]), 3-peat...4th win! :thumbsup:

By Samuel Petrequin and Jerome Pugmire - 23 Jul 17 - Associated Press

Paris - "Riding a bright yellow bike to match his shiny leader's jersey, defending champion Chris Froome won his fourth and most challenging Tour de France title on Sunday.

The 32-year-old Kenyan-born British rider finished 54 seconds ahead of Colombian Rigoberto Uran overall, the smallest margin of his wins.

"This Tour has been my toughest yet. I want to pay tribute to all riders for their sportsmanship," Froome said. "We raced hard together, we suffered together."

This was the third straight win for the Team Sky rider. His first in 2013 came the year after former teammate Bradley Wiggins sparked off an era of British dominance.

His margin of victory over Colombian Nairo Quintana in 2013 was by more than four minutes. Quintana pushed him much harder in 2015, finishing only 1:12 back, but Froome beat Frenchman Romain Bardet by 4:05 last year. Bardet was third this time.

Froome looked emotional as he lifted the race winner's bouquet of flowers, his eyes seemingly watering. Then, smiling broadly, he gave a thumbs-up to the crowd before going to pick up his young son and walking back onto the podium with him in his arms.

"I want to dedicate this victory to my family. Your love and support makes everything possible," he said. "I also want to thank my team Sky (for your) dedication and passion."

proxy.php

Tour de France winner Britain's Chris Froome, wearing the overall leader's yellow jersey, thumbs up on the podium after the twenty-first and last stage of the Tour de France cycling race over 103 kilometers (64 miles) with start in Montgeron and finish in Paris, France, Sunday, July 23, 2017. (AP Photo/Thibault Camus)

Read More: Le Tour de France - 2017

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
""This Tour has been my toughest yet. [...]". Chris Froome

Watched every stage, either live or DVRd. Love this event! Easy to be a little cynical about doping and big money teams in the sport, but this is such an epic event! Glad to see Froome was pushed a bit this year. Nice to see Barguil and Bardet do so well for France.

I watched too ... working from home has its perks :)

Entertaining race ... Landa looked amazing at times, but clearly was reigned in by the team. It was very good to see Barguil do so well ... and to see Rigo on the podium after all these years and for an American team to boot. :)

Next year's race could be interesting, after the teams are shuffled and with teams being reduced to eight riders.

IMG_0336.PNG
I am a little late to the party, but did anyone see this photo?

I believe the cyclist was in 75th place at the time. Very brutal.

Top Bottom