What's new

Le Pere Lucien Lid Stuck

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Oil filter wrench/pliers?

Is this soap poured into the tin hot? Air tight seal on a hot tin making you fight a vacuum?
What do you think about a blow torch followed by ice water?

I'm trying to wrangle up some support here....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think we just need to get my mother involved. She must have one heck of a grip because my dad says she can stretch a dollar until George Washington turns purple!
Lol, and probably pinch Lincoln until he screams!

I married one just like that. I'll die a millionaire.

What FUN is there in being a dead millionaire? Driving rusty cars and reusing my coffee grounds, shufflin' around in slippers with the soles flappin', and holes in my socks! I got it rough, rough I tell ya!

Just a quick update. The knife trick didn't work either. The lid is on too tight for even the tip of the blade to get between the lid and container. Thinking about trying the hole punch in lid but want to wait to hear from the seller first in case they'd prefer I return it rather than damage the container.

Got the lid off! I used a large pair of plumbing pliers to squeeze and compress the base and the top popped off. It doesn't fit quite right anymore but oh well.

Edited to add: Frustration finally paid off for once. After a while working at something I usually just say screw it and use brute force methods. This is one of the successes lol.

Attachments

• AF76E54E-BDBD-4A5B-ABE9-1AEC6258CA26.jpeg
    AF76E54E-BDBD-4A5B-ABE9-1AEC6258CA26.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 51

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Got the lid off! I used a large pair of plumbing pliers to squeeze and compress the base and the top popped off. It doesn't fit quite right anymore but oh well.

Edited to add: Frustration finally paid off for once. After a while working at something I usually just say screw it and use brute force methods. This is one of the successes lol.
Bravo!

That thing was harder to crack than a safe. I hope it was worth the effort.

Last edited:
That thing was harder to crack than a safe. I hope it was worth the effort.

After a while it became a matter of will. I was going to get that lid off one way or another. Couldn't admit defeat to a little shave soap container after all lol.

Top Bottom