What's new

layrite

I see nothing in the chemical stacks that would indicate that this 15.00 pomade is any different from the 1.75 Dax or Clubman that I already use.

I used a few jars of this product when I had my pompadour. I used both the original and the superlayrite. They both easily wash out of your hair as advertised. The product has a light vanilla scent to it, not over-powering.

The key is to apply it to dry hair if you want it to hold like a heavier pomade. It will dry out a bit after time, but a quick touch up with a wet comb, or a few drops of water on the head and your shiny again. I preferred the super layrite as my hair held longer with it.

Can anyone describe their experiences with layrite? Looks like I may have to try this. The ingredients look a bit harsh, but could be a nice product to add to the rotation.

http://www.hawleywoods.com/pd-hawleywoods-layrite-original-pomade-4oz-can.cfm

Slick Mike,
Just broke down and ordered Layrite Superhold. Still not entirely satisfied with the products I have tried. The journey for the ultimate styling product continues. I've generally maintained a bed head / faux hawk style but have thick, difficult to manage hair. Most products work initially but fail soon after. Hoping layrite will do the trick. I am growing my hair and intend to get a hybrid ivy league/business man's cut on my next barber visit. Turning 30 and think it might be time to rock a classic cu

I see nothing in the chemical stacks that would indicate that this 15.00 pomade is any different from the 1.75 Dax or Clubman that I already use.

The only difference is that this stuff is supposed to wash out like a gel, not a pomade.

I use a couple of different types of pomade (a tiny amount since I have short hair) and even that takes two rinses to wash out.

Received my order of layrite superhold. Might be premature but I already love it. The smell is pleasant (light) and the hold is exactly what I have been seeking. I find that it is matte which is contrary to the packaging. Will formally review.

Really good stuff! I have the regular hold - it's not great for a full-on "'50s Elvis"-style greasy pomp, but more for the more subtle "Jack Donaghy" (Alec Baldwin - 30 Rock). But I have really thick, wavy hair and it definitely keeps my lid under control, even in humidity.

Washes out easily as advertised... the vanilla scent may be light, but at times I do find it cloying. Another benefit is the pillowcase - it will not be rendered waterproof like with other pomades - it washes out clean, which is a bonus.

Really good stuff! I have the regular hold - it's not great for a full-on "'50s Elvis"-style greasy pomp, but more for the more subtle "Jack Donaghy" (Alec Baldwin - 30 Rock). But I have really thick, wavy hair and it definitely keeps my lid under control, even in humidity.

Washes out easily as advertised... the vanilla scent may be light, but at times I do find it cloying. Another benefit is the pillowcase - it will not be rendered waterproof like with other pomades - it washes out clean, which is a bonus.

Do you apply on wet/damp or dry hair?

The only difference is that this stuff is supposed to wash out like a gel, not a pomade.

I use a couple of different types of pomade (a tiny amount since I have short hair) and even that takes two rinses to wash out.

I've never had that problem. My hair is on the longer side (think Elvis before he went in the Army) and it all washes out in one rinse. The greasiest gunk I've used has probably been the Royal Crown, and that too comes out in one rinse.

Maybe I just use some pretty strong shampoo. :eek:

Do you apply on wet/damp or dry hair?

I find it best to apply to slightly damp hair, if you apply it to dry hair it will hold more like a heavy wax. If you mix a bit of water with it, you will get more shine. The original layrite has more shine, there is also another brand out there made like layrite, its called HoldFast- the hold is a little lighter but it is definitely shinier.

Top Bottom