What's new

Laying the foundation

I have had my mustache since I was in my late teens...making it 40+ years with a stache. I have worn many styles and lengths over the years. The last year or so I have been sporting a Monopoly Man stache. I have had versions of handlebars in the past but I always trimmed the whiskers that grew down over my lip.

I recently decided to grow a proper handlebar mustache, so I trimmed my mustache to a short uniform length...laying the foundation. This time I commit to absolutely no trimming and promise to keep it combed and waxed as it grows through the awkward middle stage. It should be in full swing by Movember. Can't wait for it to be full with a decent curl. At my age my whiskers are all white now...so that will to the mystique. I will eventually get around to posting some pics...but it needs to grow out a bit more. Wish me luck.

Good luck. I made it to seven months of handlebarring before it got...argumentative...& I had to reassess my priorities.

Good luck. I made it to seven months of handlebarring before it got...argumentative...& I had to reassess my priorities.
Yes, I have no doubt this will test my resolve. There is that irritating middle-phase that can often up with scissors and whiskers in the sink...:blink:

Update: I am in the awkward early middle stage with whiskers hanging well below the upper lip. Waxing is helping...but it is not completely taming a few uncooperative hairs near the middle part of my upper lip. This is testing my resolve...but I am determined to persevere.

Update: I am in the awkward early middle stage with whiskers hanging well below the upper lip. Waxing is helping...but it is not completely taming a few uncooperative hairs near the middle part of my upper lip. This is testing my resolve...but I am determined to persevere.

I'm in the same phase, but it's starting to behave a little better than it did a week ago. Hopefully I can hold out.

It seemed to happen overnight. I have crossed a threshold. I am entering what I believe is the "late awkward" stage. Now with a healthy dose of wax I can tame the beast and keep the hairs from dangling over my mouth. An occasional swish with my index finger brushes the mustache back into place. I do, however, look like a walrus in the morning. Onward ho...

So, my last entry was around 2 weeks ago...and that means two more weeks of growth and I have persevered through the awkward stages and now I can say I have crossed the finish line and I have a handlebar mustache. Full and robust. I am pleased. Sorry...no pics...my camera shy nature stands between me and pixels.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So, my last entry was around 2 weeks ago...and that means two more weeks of growth and I have persevered through the awkward stages and now I can say I have crossed the finish line and I have a handlebar mustache. Full and robust. I am pleased. Sorry...no pics...my camera shy nature stands between me and pixels.

Just a close up of that twisted beast ,you can leave out the rest of your face :w00t:

Top Bottom