What's new

Lavender

I just tried two Iberian Lavenders. I prefer the Ach Brito to the discontinued Puig. I have an Les Bénédictines de Chantelle Lavender on order. I have a few others Caldrey, Cella possibly a Berdoues.

What's your favourite?

20200719_203407.jpg

Atkinson's, Cella, the old Taylor lavender water, and Puig are my favorites. I also quite like the Men's French Lavender from Bourbon French in New Orleans. For that matter, New Orleans is also home to Hove Parfumeur, which makes Lavande, a nice green take on lavender.

I have an Atkinson's. I was disappointed with their Gold Medal Cologne. I can't recall their Lavender which I purchased 12 years ago.

I love Ach Brito Lavanda. My favorite lavender is Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge, which is lavender and mint. The Saint Charles Shave lavenders were excellent and very pure.

The Caron is lavender, vanilla, and musk. I like it but it is very old school at this point. Jicky is very lavender but with lots of animalic notes. MdM is similar.

You like the musk more than the lavender and the vanilla, then. Lavender can be rather fleeting and is definitely a top note.
Actually the vanilla hangs around on me pretty stoutly. Musky vanilla is just a comfy scent. I like the opening, just not as much as the drydown, which happens pretty quickly for me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Actually the vanilla hangs around on me pretty stoutly. Musky vanilla is just a comfy scent. I like the opening, just not as much as the drydown, which happens pretty quickly for me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Makes sense. I am not sure why I was thinking the vanilla would not be tenacious, except the various fragrance guides seem to label it as a middle note, at least for this scent. This is a good scent. Unrated these days, it seems to me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like to just put some Lavender essential oil behind my ears once in a while. Or a drop or two in my palm and splash a bit of some Vintage Avon Tribute aftershave on top, rub palms together and apply to my incredibly handsome face post shave!

Delightful!

Top Bottom