What's new

Lavender soaps

Check out the reviews, TOBS, DR Harris, the Artisan places (mama bears etc). Just have to do some reading and see what sounds good to you.

I've heard good things about the Vintage Blades house brand soap. It's a triple milled lavender and supposedly lathers very nicely (plus it's affordable).

I've got a puck of D.R. Harris that is very nice (not much scent, but great performance) and a puck of AOS that I haven't used yet, but is supposed to be good as well.

TGQ.

There is Provence Lavender, which is a pure lavender, and then there is Savon de Campagne (sp?) which is a lavender with orange and lemon and is really nice.

Both these soaps are outstanding, and reasonably priced.

Oh, how I wish Truefitt and Hill made a lavender soap to match their cream. I love that scent.

Sorry -- I know that's not much of a suggestion, unless you work for Truefitt and Hill. :biggrin:

T&H's shaving soap has a mild lavender smell to it, but it's certainly not the same as the scent of their lavender cream.

I got Mama Bear's Lavender and Vanilla recently. It was a splurge item for me and I won't be able to get another soap for eons now, but it was totally worth it.

It's a fantastic scent combination. Absolutely fantastic. And it didn't irritate my sensitive skin too much (a little, but it was totally doable for a 2 pass straight shave, and Lavender can irritate skin).

For triple milled soap D.R. Harris or Vintage Blades house brand are good choices. If scent is the primary objective then Castle Forbes Lavender cream should be at the top of your list. The CF is so thick that it is really more like a soap than a cream and I lather it with a brush just like I do with a soap. The smell is incredible and the shave is excellent too.

I got Mama Bear's Lavender and Vanilla recently. It was a splurge item for me and I won't be able to get another soap for eons now, but it was totally worth it.

It's a fantastic scent combination. Absolutely fantastic. And it didn't irritate my sensitive skin too much (a little, but it was totally doable for a 2 pass straight shave, and Lavender can irritate skin).

That does it. You just picked my next Mama Bear soap purchase :lol: :devil:

Does it lean more towards the lavender side than the vanilla on this one?

Thanks a ton for the input guys I opted for the mama bear's lavender & lilac blend soap and for haha's ordered there dragonblood soap has anyone used that one? Thanks again!!

Top Bottom