What's new

lavender scented shaving creams

I've used Taylor of Old Bond Street, The Art of Shaving, and Castle Forbes. Both TOBS and TAOS have changed their formulas and I can't find Castle Forbes in stock without paying an obscene amount. (I paid $35 on Amazon a year ago and the cheapest now is $44 plus $6.50 shipping.)

Are there any other lavender scented creams out there?

(I paid $35 on Amazon a year ago and the cheapest now is $44 plus $6.50 shipping.)

Nicely scented at a tenth of the price...

derby shave cream.jpg

One Blade's "croap" is a lavender scented soft soap. It loads very easily (only a few swirls with a synthetic brush is enough to load) and has a pleasant lavender scent. It is extremely hydrating, and has good slickness and cushion. Stupid easy to lather.

Problem is price. One Blade wants $20 per container, and I refuse to pay that much for shaving soap when VDH Deluxe works fine at $2.99 per puck at Wallgreen's. However, every once in awhile One Blade has a 50% off sale and $10 for a large jar is OK if you combine it with something else, e.g. their $20.00 Core razor to get free shipping and no sales tax.

The key to using it is to load very conservatively so you don't make too much and wind up dumping half of it down the drain.

D R Harris does a lavender shaving cream too.That Ach Brito that @chinmusic82 suggested is worth a look as the Musgo Real creams are indeed great performers.

I have a TOBS lavender that I haven’t used in a while. What are the main differences with the new formula?

If you can still find any "For Gentlemen" by Atkinsons is a great lavender and my personal favorite of all the creams I've tried.

Attachments

• atkinsons-for-gentleman-shaving-cream-100ml.jpg
    atkinsons-for-gentleman-shaving-cream-100ml.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 6

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Ach Brito Lavanda is an excellent cream, but it does contain lanolin if that matters to you.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like to use Razorock Lavender and used a tub of it already. Because of Covid 19 not sure if they have any at the moment.
Very inexpensive and has a great scent, I have two tubs left for back up with one in the freezer.
The King Louis lavender aftershave is good but it fades in a one or two hrs with a woodsy final scent IMO. I like the light Menthol kick it gives also.
Sunday shave, April 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Attachments

• SOTD, Feb 29th 2020 (2).jpg
    SOTD, Feb 29th 2020 (2).jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
D R Harris does a lavender shaving cream too.That Ach Brito that @chinmusic82 suggested is worth a look as the Musgo Real creams are indeed great performers.

I have a TOBS lavender that I haven’t used in a while. What are the main differences with the new formula?
I'm not sure. I heard about it on this site and used up the bowl I had. I've grown a beard the past couple of winters so the shaving cream lasted a long time.

I have the dr Harris lavender soap. One of my favourites. I have like 3 reserve pucks because I love it so much.

I do not know if this helps but I ordered the Castle Forbes from the UK on April 16th for 22.50 pounds and it arrived today. That cost is $28 dollars. Shipping is 15 pounds, it looks like is a flat rate which still comes out cheaper than your amazon price and would be cheaper still if you throw in a few other things (my wife adores the lavender so I bought the shaving cream and the aftershave blind (and preshave)) and ended up loving this scent which really like an essential oil more than anything else.

I second the OneBlade cream based on scent alone. A very pure, spicy, herbal lavender. I absolutely love the smell of it, and the performance is good too. But yeah, it's pretty expensive for what you get.

I've used Taylor of Old Bond Street, The Art of Shaving, and Castle Forbes. Both TOBS and TAOS have changed their formulas and I can't find Castle Forbes in stock without paying an obscene amount. (I paid $35 on Amazon a year ago and the cheapest now is $44 plus $6.50 shipping.)

Are there any other lavender scented creams out there?

Sir GaryG7, do you have the ingredients list from your AOS and TOBS creams?

Top Bottom