What's new

Lavender Love

Gentlemen, I love lavender fragrances I have Dolce and Gabbana pour homme, ADP Colonia and Pour un homme de caron. What am I missing? Paco Rabanne is also a favourite but finding a good formulation is difficult, too many variations. I'm sure there are many more to try. What are your favourites?

Hugo Boss-Bottled Night. Not overpowering and not just a skin scent, I have it and like it,

1585252874664.png

There are so many great ones. Just to name a few: YSL Rive Gauche, Penhaligon's Sartorial, and Creed Bois du Portugal. The list goes on and on, but I would try these at a minimum.

Some mainstays of a couple decades ago, but still very popular, are Cool Water and Aspen. Though other notes are evident in these two, the lavender is obvious. I have a long discontinued lavender cologne from Norfolk Lavender Farm in England, it is pretty much a linear lavender scent, and it is awesome. Too bad it is no longer available.

so many colognes have a strong lavender component.

here are a few.

principle, penhaligon's lavande is significant, straight lavender.
others...endymion, agua lavanda, yardley english blazer

not to mention...simply pinaud clubman aftershave!!

lavenders.jpg

Classical by Anat Fritz. Aromatic hardcore lavender and sharp cedar over a subtle relatively dry sandalwood base. Superb, minimalist stuff that is one of my all-time favorites. You have to like hardcore lavender and cedar, as this is super sharp... no powdery lavender or soft edges here.

Patou pour Homme Prive by Jean Patou. A reference caliber lavender focused aromatic fougere composed by the great Jean Kerleo. This one is long-since discontinued and extremely scarce and expensive. It is, however, worth the hunt to find a bottle.

I agree with the earlier post that there are many, many scents with a large lavender component. Any fougere-based scent, and I would put Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme in this category, is by definition going to have a lot of lavender. There are hundreds, if not thousands of such scents out there. I do not think of them as lavender scents and I doubt if they are what the OP is really looking for.

Pour un Homme de Caron is more a real lavender scent to me--basically lavender and vanilla way upfront. Then there are scents that truly star lavender, like C&S O&C (lavender with some citrus and mint), Ach Brito Lavanada (lavender with a bit of herbal supporting cast), Pen's Lavande (I do not recall exactly, but nearly pure lavender), I think Yardley had a very pure lavender, Caldy Island Lavender by Caldy Abbey is a wonderful pure lavender, if that is still around anywhere. I would think L'Occitane Lavender eau de cologne, but I cannot recall having any.

Art of Shaving Lavender cream is what got me hooked on Lavender. It puts me in a meditative aromatherapy type state. So clean, so soothing. Amazing. Before I tried it I always thought Lavender was a a silly floral feminine scent used in candles. Boy was i wrong.

I just got a puck of Fine Lavender Pour Homme, haven't used it yet but it does not smell that great to me :001_unsur I suspect it is the peppermint that I dislike. I haven't used anything else yet either but I will be trying more Lavender products soon

Top Bottom