What's new

Laugar Älvdans (Elves Dance)

Gents, just did my very first shave with this Nordic artisan soap by the ultra small homebrew outfit Laugar of Sweden. Their website isn’t even in English yet but superb story telling around it.

And the fast feedback: Superb!!! I was blown away by how it generates a lather as thick and creamy as the MWF on a good day, with no effort at all. Wonderful vegan offering with a very appealing and manly Nordic piney scent.

Anyone else tried it?

NB - I have no affilliation with the brand, just stumbled on it on Facebook and ordered a puck for fun.

E4D3FAD2-EB51-478D-A4C5-D59D6D4F2496.jpeg

I am in Denmark, litterally only a couple of hundred miles away from the producer, so it arrived quickly.

I ill post a lather pic shortly.

I guess that I'm one of very few members that actually can read the homepage. I've never heard of Laugar but I wish the owner the best of luck with her enterprise. The scent descriptions sounded really nice, but as stated above, I'd like to know how the soaps perform.

Google translate says it is named after a Swedish nymph which I think is a very good idea!
Will have to put it on the list.

Google translate says it is named after a Swedish nymph which I think is a very good idea!
Will have to put it on the list.
You can't always trust Google translate, especially when it comes to the language of The Swedish Chef from The Muppet Show. The correct translation should be fairy.

I'd be interested to hear how it compares to Fitjar Islands if you've tried them. Is it a hard soap?
If you have tried Fitjar Island Fjellheim, the scent is quite similar. The performance and face feel is also quite close. This is not a hard puck, like the fitjar soap. Consistancy is more like A & E. If you like the typical american artisan yoghurt consistancy, this is not the one for you. It is less foamy than fitjar, and easy to work with. I used the Laugar soap today to test the performance using a straight razor. I think i will reserve it for se and de shaving. Post shave feel during the day was not as good as the fitjar soap.
I need to use it more. Good soap, but can not replace other top performing soaps. I live in Norway, so it is less expencive than american artisan soaps for me.

Attachments

• 20210522_111809.jpg
    20210522_111809.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 20210522_105920.jpg
    20210522_105920.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 28
Thanks, I'm a big fan of Fjellheim so could be tempted to give it a go. I normally rotate between Fitjar and SV soaps. I'm in Europe so less interested in American soaps.

Gents, just did my very first shave with this Nordic artisan soap by the ultra small homebrew outfit Laugar of Sweden. Their website isn’t even in English yet but superb story telling around it.

Okay, I'm sold. The soap creator is a Norwegian living in Sweden apparently, just like me, so.. I guess I pretty much have to try out this shaving soap. I might go for SKOGSRÅ, but thre mini-review from @JPO does give me pause... ;)

Top Bottom