What's new

Lathering with a shave stick(to help someone out)

The issue i have with shave sticks is rubbing a hard soap on the face can be irritating. Shave sticks need to be used daily to soften the stick so that it comes off easily on the skin to be lathered with a brush. Using a dry stick every couple months and rubbing it on your face is never a great idea- even if your face is wet and the stick has been dipped. It's still much too hard.

Really I wrote my post because I didn’t find practical load the brush directly on the stick.

This morning I tried for the first time to rub the stick on the wet face.

Then I lather with the damp brush but I need to optimize the brush humidity because this morning I splashed water on the mirror and I think you can imagine what the wife will tell you!
I don't recommend lathering on the brush, but it is an option. Especially with large diamerter sticks like IM & Tabac.

As @blethenstrom stated, there will be lather everywhere but in a good way if you do it right.

@Barbarian80 I can see that, but it doesn't happen to me. I make sure my face is very wet before hand.

I am not a full time stick user. Unless I am 3017ing one, I generally use them 5-6 weeks a year, on vacation and camping etc.

Top Bottom